Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently?

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #21  
Okay, now I understand, it’s the ground supporting it. Trucker who delivered mine that the day before he delivered one to a person who had bored holes and poured concrete pillars. Problem was he didn’t get the right distances. So now that owner has the container sitting on his site and needs to relocate 2 or 3 of the pillars (trucker didn’t say if the owner missed both length and width or just length). Although I think I have a tremendous solid base for mine, next spring I may find frost heaves lay it on it’s side.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #22  
I would have bought as many as I could afford back when a song & dance would get you one. Now they tend to be overpriced since they became so popular

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #23  
Don't you just hate when that happens?

I would guess that if the bottom is subject to ground moisture for decades, it could rust and fail so maybe more than just front and back support would be a good idea. You don't want it to sag. Maybe another in the middle would suffice.

I know people that have twenty footers that they just put on gravel and have difficulty opening the doors. Raising it makes it harder to get in and out of, but is an advantage in the winter. Unless you opt for a roll up door conversion.

I did REMOVE one latch assembly from each door, as it is totally unnecessasry for stationary storage.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #24  
DSC02438.JPGDSC02440.JPG

Painting a container with a high quality Industrial Paint, to best fit into the landscape, is essential in my way of thinking.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #25  
Shipping containers can be quite the adventure, right? If I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely pay more attention to the logistics. Planning is key. And speaking of logistics, when it comes to transporting large items, like vehicles, I found services like Ship Vehicles to be a game-changer. They made the process so much smoother and stress-free. So, my advice would be to explore options like that to simplify your container shipping experience.

Last edited:
   / Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #26  
I would have bought as many as I could afford back when a song & dance would get you one. Now they tend to be overpriced since they became so popular
That what I was going to say. Should have bought more when they were $2500 here and not $8000 covid dollars.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #27  
That what I was going to say. Should have bought more when they were $2500 here and not $8000 covid dollars.

They’re coming back down some. I’ve gotten a few priced at around 3k delivered. I was wanting to buy one for 2k but that’s not happened yet.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #28  
They’re coming back down some. I’ve gotten a few priced at around 3k delivered. I was wanting to buy one for 2k but that’s not happened yet.
Yes. That was Canadian monopoly money I quoted, but yes they are coming back down here now just this summer. You can find some delivered now for $3500 again.

The company that delivers them to the mine I work at has a few of those chain drive trailers for unloading them, I thought that was pretty cool.
Then I was just looking at Landoll's web site and I see they make a roll back recovery deck for straight trucks and they offer that chain drive system on them for doing cans!

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #29  
Seems 20 footers are FS here for about $2700 but no idea what there condition is. I was thinking I should go and look at them.. My Boss has some that are made from corten steel. Me personally, I'd have it up on 6" blocks and increase its venting.

/ Shipping Containers-If you did it again, what would you do differently? #30  
Seems 20 footers are FS here for about $2700 but no idea what there condition is. I was thinking I should go and look at them.. My Boss has some that are made from corten steel. Me personally, I'd have it up on 6" blocks and increase its venting.
I just put mine on 24x24 cement patio stones.