Shop ideas to consider

/ Shop ideas to consider #81  
It turns out I like tools. This was my latest find. Sorry I accidentally cropped away the handle. It does have one, I promise.

FloorJackDeere.jpg

FloorJackTag.jpg

I think I may need a bigger bulldozer to go with the jack.

/ Shop ideas to consider #82  
I have a 12' ceiling in my shop and need a ladder to access the upper shelves along the wall. There is also a lot of wasted space along the ceiling. I've been looking at these lift systems to solve both problems:

The motorized systems are quite pricey, but there are also cheaper manually operated units such as this one:

/ Shop ideas to consider #83  
Used Pallet Racks show up regularly for sale. Getting heavy stuff up high could be a problem. However, used fork lifts also show up regularly. And they come in a variety of sizes and shapes from outdoor all terrain fork lifts to small all purpose shop lifts to tiny in shop lifters.

/ Shop ideas to consider #84  
Used Pallet Racks show up regularly for sale. Getting heavy stuff up high could be a problem. However, used fork lifts also show up regularly. And they come in a variety of sizes and shapes from outdoor all terrain fork lifts to small all purpose shop lifts to tiny in shop lifters.
I bought my first Toyota forklift on craigslist for 2k delivered. It was propane powered 5k lift capacity dually. Having a lift on the property was a game changer. And it worked well with our receiving and shipping business. A couple yrs later I sold the old lift, stick shift. Bought a 5k Caterpillar propane fueled, automatic trans, with side shift. This is a fantastic tool for any farm or ranch. I did swap out the solid tires for pneumatics and it does pretty good off the pavement on solid ground. Anyway - it's easy to put stuff up in the barn loft now.

Attachments

• fl.jpg
    fl.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3053.JPG
    IMG_3053.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
   / Shop ideas to consider #85  
I agree on the cart being handy. I also like my tunes and splurged and bought a Bose Wave Radio over 20 years ago. You can see it in the picture on a shelf below and to the right of the Challenger neon sign. It a little bigger than a normal clock radio but puts out an amazing amount of quality sound.
IMG_2795.jpeg