Shop Vacs

/ Shop Vacs #11  
I have had a Craftsman 5 hp. 16 gallon vacuum for several years . It has always been great . I use for the car,garage on the house and My 24 x 46 garage.

No problems with it whatsoever. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Shop Vacs #12  
I'll have to agree on the Sears unit. I have the 16 gallon model. I bought it about three years ago and have not had any problems.Pete sure has the garage cleaning figured out. I just fire up the Stihl backpack blower and away I go!!
Will

/ Shop Vacs #13  
I'd always thought Shop Vac brand was good (and still do), but 8 years ago, using one to clean up the shop building when I first bought the little farm, I burned one up in less than a month, and was given a new one to replace it. That one lasted about 4 years and when the motor burned up on it, I just bought a new motor assembly (easy to change out) and learned in the process that there was an "optional" filter available. The original was a foam rubber "sleeve?" and then a sheet of blue paper over that. The "optional" filter was a litttle expensive, but looked like a large car air filter. Never had another problem with it. However, since it was a 10 gallon vac, I sold it when I sold the farm and now have a 2 gallon Craftsman. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Shop Vacs #15  
Dat's it!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Shop Vacs #16  
I got a new "shop vac" brand from Lowes -- works good so far - I'd look for one that does more than just suck ... get the detachable motor for leaf blowing, or one like I got that sucks up water and blows it right out through a hose for continous pumping, -- there are a lot of different "extras" you can get on one - find one that fits what you need - but it's nice to have the double duty features.

/ Shop Vacs #17  
I to use my Stihl backpack blower in my Separate garage as I have a 13 foot garage door on one end and a 8 foot one on the other..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Shop Vacs #18  
I have a Sears for me and bought a Rigid for my wife.

I know what you were thinking, but it was her birthday.

Anyways, I think the Rigid (Home Depot) ones are made by the people who used to make the Sears one, and I have no idea who makes the Sears ones anymore.

Both work great. What I was writing to tell you about, however is to get a Goretex shopvac filter. The only place I have ever seen them is Lee Valley Tools.

I think these are the ones

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=46449&category=1,42401,42402&ccurrency=2&SID=

You can reuse them forever, usually they clean up just by tapping them a few times - the dust just drops off the sides. They are water washable. I've had the Sears one for about 6 years, and just bought the Rigid one for my wife (anniversary) the Sears size fits Rigid.

Strongly recommended, especially for things like drywall dust.

/ Shop Vacs #19  
I'm going to second Rat's Fein. I've got the same one he has and until you actually hear one running, you'll never believe that a vac can be so quiet.

Jim

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Tools, axe, spade, shovel, pitchfork, fence post, etc. (A34007)
Tools, axe, spade...
(2) Misc Solid 33-12-16 Tires & 8-Lug Rims, (A33079)
(2) Misc Solid...
2024 Greatbear UNUSED 20 ft. Bi-Parting Iron Gate (A33548)
2024 Greatbear...
2020 Ford Fusion Sedan, (A33078)
2020 Ford Fusion...
2002 Sterling Warren FL650-14 12/14yd Dump Truck (A32932)
2002 Sterling...
2015 Great Dane 53 X 102 Reefer Trailer (A33439)
2015 Great Dane 53...