Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent?

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
This has slip clutch and is gear driven for 1400 shipped to my door.

Can't get link to work but blains farm store has a special going right now, it's the Xb48 model.

Thoughts

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent? #3  
I can sell you a Cherokee TC50 for $1495, same tiller that Bush Hog rebrands. King Kutters parts support is a disaster.

will ship if you like (7173614850) or p/u @ Messicks and it will be assembled and checked over.

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent?
Thanks messicks Im local and will call you today.
Cherokee is gear driven with slip clutch ?

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent? #5  
This is a very good informational/educational site to learn about implements and they have some great videos as well as delivered pricing. Have never bought anything from them but do love their videos.
Tractor Rotary Tillers | Tractor Rotavators

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent? #7  
This has slip clutch and is gear driven for 1400 shipped to my door.

Can't get link to work but blains farm store has a special going right now, it's the Xb48 model.

Thoughts

I have an 84" and love it but my support from KK has been very bad. I couldn't get parts for my blade or 2 bottom plow and had to fabricate my own replacement blade part and modified plow shares from a competitor to fit my KK after waiting 6 months for parts.

Thanks Harry I think I'm gonna look at other brands.

/ Shopping Tillers, King Kutter brand decent? #9  
LOVE my 60" KK
Love mine, too. Had it for 7 years and it's been bulletproof.
Had to replace clutch friction disc after I fried it (my own fault) - those were available from AgriSupply.
When I first got it, one of the tines was broken, I think due to handling damage on it's trip to the local TSC.
I was able to order the replacement part from their website & it arrived in 3 days.

Ended up ordering the king kutter 48. It was 1434 shipped to door from Blains farm store. By far the cheapest gear driven I could find. I would have did the Cherokee from messicks but it was 500 more for the gear driven . I have a small plot I will be doing so I'm hoping I don't have problems.