Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.
Went to dealer and we decided it was the top link pressure pin(sensor). They ordered it will let me change it out and bring bad one in. Almost $500 dollar sensor. With draft knob turned off the tractor won’t communicate with bad sensor and throw code like it did yesterday wile not using the 3 point, I still had knob on, which i guess is good cause I finally got the code. Massey does have a good list of codes in user manual, like a code for every sensor. I remember my old 4345 you’d have to count the flashes. Now you have a number.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #12  
Codes or no codes, sensor or no sensor, LouNY in post #9 is exactly right. Shut off the draft sensing totally. However you do that. Then control the vertical of your implement with the position control. The dealer has to know how to shut of Draft control or certainly can find out. In the longer run, since it is plowing you re doing, the Draft control IS useful for plowing and that is about all it is any good for. When set correctly (with the sensor working) the Draft control will prevent the plows from going too deep and burying themselves (it raises them slightly automatically to do that) and when they are not going deep enough it lets off on the lift and lets the plows go downward. Read your owners manual on setting the Draft control.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #13  
Todays tractors are covered with sensors. Mine have probably 50 of them. My IH-7500 has a ton of sensors on it, too. This is a new layer of cost today’s equipment & truck operators have that wasn’t around 30 years ago.

My “Check AC” sensor was on in my dump truck. Turns out is has TWO AC sensors that were causing the AC system to leak. They both had to be replaced ($250).

Sensors are a great source of profit for parts departments and another reason why all of our food and everyday expenses have increased.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky.
They are, and seem unavoidable. I hope all manufacturers have as good as a sensor code system as Massey seems to have. It allows you to go straight to the sensor and most sensors seem mounted outside so very user friendly.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #15  
On the sensor topic... My father's 2017 F150s dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with almost every warning light on that it has. .. Lost power steering etc.. Mechanic is trying to figure out which sensor is bad and tripping all the others.. Said there is like 30 of them and one has a short somewhere... good times. Meanwhile he has my 1999 F150 to drive around in. .. Which has plenty of sensors but not as bad as his

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #16  
On the sensor topic... My father's 2017 F150s dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with almost every warning light on that it has. .. Lost power steering etc.. Mechanic is trying to figure out which sensor is bad and tripping all the others.. Said there is like 30 of them and one has a short somewhere... good times. Meanwhile he has my 1999 F150 to drive around in. .. Which has plenty of sensors but not as bad as his
My 2007 F150 was having faults on 5 different sensors and it turned out to be a wire issue within the main harness. Vibration, age, corrosion, heat, poor routing or something else affected common wiring those sensors shared. Ended up just sistering new wires along side the harness and reconnecting the sensors rather than replacing or splitting the harness to troubleshoot. The harness was quite expensive and labor intensive. Getting a good diagram was the biggest challenge. Ford had many variations of how they wired things between different powertrains and model years on my vintage of truck. Something is off again lately and it's not leaning out like it should, mileage is suffering badly and there are no codes being generated. I've owned the truck since new and it's lasted, but I'm genuinely scared to buy a newer truck after owning this one. I saw a video recently of a faulty taillight taking out a can bus in a 2019 model and costing 6500 to repair. My 20-year old car and 12-year old van that were made by other companies have been far less troublesome.

My apologies to the OP for following this sensor rabbit trail for a bit. But intelligible, repeatable codes are definitely better than no codes when things aren't working right.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #17  
On the off-topic trail of F-150 sensors -- my 2015 F-150 twin turbo V6 was shutting down on it's own leaving me in a 'safe mode' barely able to get off the road with it. I bought a "reader" that you plug into the vehicle electronic buss under the dash and get a readout of what codes are seen and what they mean. Throttle body actuator was my issue & had dealer replace it.

I wonder if the newer tractors have any standardization of electronic busses such that you you could buy a tester and see what was wrong?

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #18  
On the off-topic trail of F-150 sensors -- my 2015 F-150 twin turbo V6 was shutting down on it's own leaving me in a 'safe mode' barely able to get off the road with it. I bought a "reader" that you plug into the vehicle electronic buss under the dash and get a readout of what codes are seen and what they mean. Throttle body actuator was my issue & had dealer replace it.

I wonder if the newer tractors have any standardization of electronic busses such that you you could buy a tester and see what was wrong?
Nope, most are CAN bus and proprietary, read only by their software and only with their "dongle".

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #19  
Nope, most are CAN bus and proprietary, read only by their software and only with their "dongle".
Rats, that should be met with an outcry from all tractor buyers demanding a standard buss interface for debug purposes. Right now I cannot think of an effective way to do that. Letters to all 50 State Sec of Ag ? Never happen. To the Federal Govt Sec Agriculture? Long shot but he is cabinet member Tom Vilsack. I just sent an inquiry to the USDA asking about this action.

/ Should have listened to Hay Dude…lol. New massey 5711 3 point hitch gone wacky. #20  
Rats, that should be met with an outcry from all tractor buyers demanding a standard buss interface for debug purposes. Right now I cannot think of an effective way to do that. Letters to all 50 State Sec of Ag ? Never happen. To the Federal Govt Sec Agriculture? Long shot but he is cabinet member Tom Vilsack. I just sent an inquiry to the USDA asking about this action.
the right to repair referendums should include ag equipment and not just vehicle/small mechanic shops.