Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative?

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative?
Thanks all. Excellent replies and no mixing of Sta-Bil and Seafoam for me. But I will start adding Sta-Bil to the can each time before I fill it. Great idea.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #12  
I have been using either Stabil or Startron along with Marvel Mystery Oil and Lucas Fuel Treatment in all of my small engines including 2 cycles for well over 10 years. If there is a negative effect I have yet to find it as I have had 0 issues since using this mix. Cannot say that before using my formula, had several cases of gummed up fuel systems. YMMV.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #13  
Well -- since the government is mandating at least 10% but can have 15% ethanol in our gas - we may need to change our thinking of keeping tanks brim full for winter storage. I understand that marine stabil is the best thing now, but for those who live in cold climates have wide temps swings probably will get more condensation then others would. Also ethanol doesnt like to stay fresh over 3 months - so what do you do? Will the government keep upping the percentage of ethanol in gas? I dont know - you tell me.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #14  
good thread and reminds me to do something about my Miller gas welder today. It gets tiresome keeping with small gas engine stuff now as the new fuel does go bad rather quickly.

About the condensation issue and the 10 to 15% fuel mixes it is getting hard to decide what to do. Youcan fill them to the brim with Stabil added and reduce the condensation but still have what amounts a full tank of semi old gas. Or you can run a little gas and Stabil mix in the engine to have it in the carb or injection system and drain the tank, in the spring and add fresh gas and Sea Foam. Which is best? And I shoould say you could use the drained gas in an auto while still fresh.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #15  
What do you guys do with that old drained gas? -dump it on the ground?

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #17  
Do you guys use any additivies for desel engines?

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #18  
I put it in my pickup truck's tank and use it.

I have considered that, but keep wondering why gas that isn't fit for my $500 chain saw is good for my $50K truck?

Just put enough Stabil in in the first place, and keep the dubious stuff out of your rig.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative?
Do you guys use any additivies for desel engines?

I have used Stanadyne Performance Formula for about 15 years and it works for me. If I couldn't get that I'd use the stuff John Deere sells. Lots of great additives out there so others will name names I'm sure.

/ Should I add Seafoam to Sta-Bil for winter fuel preservative? #20  
I have considered that, but keep wondering why gas that isn't fit for my $500 chain saw is good for my $50K truck?

Just put enough Stabil in in the first place, and keep the dubious stuff out of your rig.

If I put 2 quarts of questionable gas in 35 gallons of fresh gas, I'm not about to worry.
I use Stabil in 4 cycle engines and store with full tanks, and drain my 2 cycle equipment.