Should I buy a BX or a B?

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #51  
If they can't be bothered with you when trying to buy, what makes you think it will be different when you need service/help? I would scratch that dealer off my list and never return to them for any reason.

Bingo.

So would I.

SDT

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #52  
Well, there can be a big difference between quality of the sales department and the quality of the service department, so I would not automatically assume they are both the same.

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #53  
I guess I should feel lucky. My dealer is only 5 miles away, I know the owner well and he has been recognized as the number one Kubota dealer in the country. Their service is great, not bad for living in a small town in Texas

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #54  
Messicks is 5 minutes away. Always friendly and knowledgeable, plus their parts stock is huge.

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #55  
Messicks is 5 minutes away. Always friendly and knowledgeable, plus their parts stock is huge.

And they are quick shippers. My go to Kubota parts store.

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #56  
You mentioned the cost of the b over the bx is a concern. You will likely have this tractor for many, many years. I've had my bx for 20 years and my b for 5 years. We had a Deere in the family for over 50 yrs. These are long term purchases. When you amortize the price difference over many, many years, the cost difference is very small. You will be much better off buying the right tractor the first time vs. trading for a different one after a year or two.

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #57  
I have an old BX23.
I travel a bit to a sloped, wooded yard rental house.
I run through the woods like it's nothing.
I can steer around low obstacles, I cannot change the slope.
I always appreciate the lowness, and low center of gravity of the BX.
At worst, with a mounted backhoe I can swing weight left or right, and stabilize myself.

Having owned it for, say 10 years, my number 1 concern would be ease of mounting implements - even just the standard ones.
Sometimes mounting (say from dirt base) knocks me off my whole day plan...

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #58  
If you do get a BX over a B I would strongly suggest you get one of the aftermarket protective plates to mount underneath to protect the HST transmission fan. You don’t lose any ground clearance and it comes off in less than 5 minutes should you want to mount a belly mower. No holes are required to be drilled to mount it

/ Should I buy a BX or a B? #59  
I've owned several BXs, Bs and a couple of ls. I wrote a side by side review of my B and BX some years ago. I've purchased the 25 acre mountain behind my home so currently own a L3901 for tree removal and road maintenance and have ZD and F for mowing 3 to 5 acres of yard.
BX is low to the ground and my first ever Kubota trade was from a BX2200 to a B7800 due to the ground clearance needs with gullied, hillside rocky yard. Also that drated cooling fan on the BX was always a concern when I went back and forth between my Bs and BXs. Kept working on landscaping and quitting and then going back and forth and had other property so did lots of trading.
If your going to do woods work and hillside trail work then the B is or should be the top choice for you per my experience or maybe even the smallest utility L which is what my nephew bought for his first tractor with a backhoe added and now he also has a B2650.
With 0% interest and no down payment get what you want/need and make payments from your cash reserve if your concerned about debt. Yes, one can trade up or down if one decides they made a mistake in the machine they choose but does have a bit of a price and trying to get the closest to right machine out ofthe gate is best but not life threatening if you pick the wrong one but just remember that drated cooling fan on the BX and even with belly plates some people have destroyed them and close ground clearance is close ground clearance.

/ Should I buy a BX or a B?
I have a dumb add-on question to my thread... as I'm pricing online with the kubota pricing tool I noticed the loader add-ons includes buckets..... the base loader has a bucket right?