Should I consider a diesel for residential?

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #1  

rerod

Tractor
Craftsman
This is a question I faced years ago when I bought a cummins.. I was told if I didn't tow allot, don't buy a cummins, but I bought it anyway only because it was a clean 97..

So back to the kubota diesel.. Ive seen a few, but figured any diesel after around 2000 had a bunch of emissions equipment on it like the trucks.. Is this the case? Sorry for a open ended question, but I don't even know if kubota used a turbo..

Thanks!

ZD1011 diesel Zero Turn 80 hours - $8,950

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #2  
This is a question I faced years ago when I bought a cummins.. I was told if I didn't tow allot, don't buy a cummins, but I bought it anyway only because it was a clean 97..

So back to the kubota diesel.. Ive seen a few, but figured any diesel after around 2000 had a bunch of emissions equipment on it like the trucks.. Is this the case? Sorry for a open ended question, but I don't even know if kubota used a turbo..

Thanks!

ZD1011 diesel Zero Turn 80 hours - $8,950

If it’s under 26 HP, it won’t have emissions equipment on it.
I purposely buy diesels, just feel like they run longer & stronger.

Your 97 Cummins won’t suffer the issues to the same extent the newer ones have because it has no emissions that need the extreme heat of hard towing to keep the emissions system clean

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #3  
I've had many diesels over the years, with and without emissions equipment, experiencing trouble-free service. Just bought a new tractor with emissions equipment, I'm not worried about the technology as it has been around for a while and most of the early bugs have been worked out.

In terms of a zero-turn mower, any modern appropriate-sized engine will work just fine. A diesel will cost more the purchase and for residential use, it's benefits may not be realized. A matter of personal preference regarding what engine type to buy.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #4  
I like my diesel mowers, but they have their place. Residential has a lot of variables. My residential mowing is 2 acres, some of it a little rough. I just bought my second diesel mower, a used F2560 72" front-mount, to go with my 60" ZD1211. Others might be mowing a 7000 square foot lot covered mostly by the house and driveway. For that an electric mower would work. I have an Oregan 16" 40-V battery powered mower for some finish work where neither the ZD nor the F will fit. It is faster than a weed-eater.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #5  
When I replaced my riding mower, I purposely looked for a diesel version. Don't have a particularly large yard.... but the real reason I wanted diesel was to simplify fuel. I wanted to get away from storing gas for mower and then diesel for tractor. By getting a diesel mower, I've gotten rid of any/all gasoline here except for the 2 1/2 jug that I use for the chainsaw & string trimmer.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #6  
I bought a diesel zero turn years ago for my 6 acres, and considered it overkill at the time. I have since evolved to (2) diesel zeros and cut around 30 acres per week.
I could never go back to gasoline. Diesel fuel handling and storage is much easier, and the diesel engines will last a very long time.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #7  
The zero turns don’t have emissions equipment. They didn’t start with that until maybe 2012 give or take and then they reduced the zero turns to 24.5 hp to make them exempt from having it. You don’t NEED a diesel zero turn but if you can afford it it’s nice. You’ll probably won’t use it enough for the longevity to matter but the diesel stores easier than gas. The diesel is a lot safer to transport and store and doesn’t have the shelf life problems gasoline does.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential?
Thanks guys..

My lot is 1.2 rough acres and we mow it with a 48" craftsman.. The LT1000 is on it's last leg, so Ive been watching craigslist and fb and the kubota popped up.. Whats it worth?
My problem is when I find a mower I like, I have no idea what used value is, but prices seem so high, makes me think buying new is the way to go..

Really the only negative I can find with my diesel truck and probably a diesel ZT is the weight.. I almost buried the ram the other day and I know I wouldn't have had as much trouble if I was driving a 1/2 ton.

img_0211.jpg

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #9  
My dealer just offered me $10,000 for my ZD1211 to trade for an F series, if that helps. Not bad for a mower I paid $14,000 for in 2015.

/ Should I consider a diesel for residential? #10  
I have 2 acres of finished lawn around my house. For years I used an MTD 824 Classic and 2 newer Craftsman lawn tractors to mow. For the same gallons of gas those 3 used to mow my lawn once, my Kubota B2620 diesel mows it 13 times.