Price Check Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately?

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #1  

halfmoon2

I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum; nothing seemed to be a match for this question.

I bought an L48 TLB new in 2007. I've used the tractor lightly and the backhoe attachment hardly at all. The backhoe sits in my shop taking up room, and I've been thinking of selling it and keeping the tractor/loader. I tried searching online for an appropriate selling price for the backhoe attachment, and it's pretty clear that people generally don't sell them because they're part of the entire L48 TLB setup. Now I'm wondering if selling the backhoe is a bad idea because I'll eventually get too old to use the tractor/loader portion, and I may be impacting that resale value well beyond what I'd get for the backhoe.

Thanks for any advice!

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #2  
I would think whatever you will get out of the hoe now would more than offset any difference later. Selling as a pair, the use and depreciation of the tractor will affect the value of the hoe too, even if the hoe was just setting.

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately?
I would think whatever you will get out of the hoe now would more than offset any difference later. Selling as a pair, the use and depreciation of the tractor will affect the value of the hoe too, even if the hoe was just setting.

This makes a whole lot of sense; thank you! Very glad for a logical reason to get this out of my shop. Any idea how to find an appropriate selling price for the backhoe? All-powerful Google seems to be failing me on this. I dug out the original 2007 invoice hoping to see what I paid for the backhoe, but it just lists one package price.

Thanks for the links and the advice! This has been really helpful.

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #6  
Seems to me it's a bad idea to separate the tractor and the hoe. The only potential buyer for a BT1100 is someone with another L48 because that backhoe doesn't fit any other tractor. Maybe there is an L48 owner out there who needs such a backhoe, but there can't be very many such people. And your L48, which was purpose built to be a loader + backhoe machine will be worth quite a bit less if the backhoe is gone. An L48 in good condition should bring good money. If you no longer need a machine with that kind of digging ability, you might think about selling it and getting a non-backhoe model that might work better for other chores.

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #7  
Seems to me it's a bad idea to separate the tractor and the hoe. The only potential buyer for a BT1100 is someone with another L48 because that backhoe doesn't fit any other tractor. Maybe there is an L48 owner out there who needs such a backhoe, but there can't be very many such people. And your L48, which was purpose built to be a loader + backhoe machine will be worth quite a bit less if the backhoe is gone. An L48 in good condition should bring good money. If you no longer need a machine with that kind of digging ability, you might think about selling it and getting a non-backhoe model that might work better for other chores.

There's good advice from both sides of the equation so far. But I tend to favour Grandad4's logic.

Search your USA Fleabay and Craigs List etc. and see how many BT1100's without backhoe are listed and their value.

Then research possible replacement options (from both Orange and Green stables) with a simple tractor having 3PH and FEL.

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #8  
If it weren't a TLB model and had something like a BH92 or BH90, I'd say sell it. Since this is a TLB, I'd agree to keep them together, and possibly sell the package now and get something like a L4701 or MX4800 with a loader but no backhoe.

There's a lot of good advice here; thank you all! I'm now leaning toward keeping the TLB intact and maybe trading it for another model. Knowing me, though, that backhoe will probably just continue to sit in my shop...

/ Should I sell my BT1100 backhoe attachment separately? #10  
I cant imagine not have the hoe on the TLB. The rear end would be very light without loaded tires Plus ballast box.

TLB is not the ideal Farm tractor. I get plenty of use out of FEL and BH and have a separate tractor for 3Pt PTO work.