Dealer Should I trust the dealer?

/ Should I trust the dealer? #11  
I agree. It seems like a small thing to get a warranty repair done on it to replace the hour meter, if the tractor purchase hinged on it.

/ Should I trust the dealer? #12  
JBR,

First, who can say who to trust? That is a REALLY a hard call.

If the hour meter on the L series does start running when the key is turned on, like it does on the smaller BX tractor, then whatever hours is registered means less than the same number of hours would mean on a tachometer driven hour meter like many tractors have. My guess is that 72 hours on true-reading hour meter like my BX has would equate to maybe 45 hours on a tach driven hour meter like my B2910 has.

Unfortunately, my experience is that in this world we have to hope for the best and assume the worst. For me, hours on the hour meter are hours on the tractor. It is very hard to tell one way or the other for sure. Oil analysis? Easy to put new oil in before hand.

Myself, I would not buy that tractor as new. I would never feel good about it if I did.

The dealer is probably being honest. The farmer is probably being honest. Probably is the key term. Why take a chance? If the price is "as new" then get a new one. If there is a reasonable discount. maybe $10 per hour, this one might be worth it.

For me personally, there is absolutely no way I would pay new price for a tractor that had 72 hours on the hour meter, no matter what the claimed reason was...

I guess I've been taken advantage of by some real pros in the past...probably the reason I feel the way I do... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Should I trust the dealer? #13  
When you go thru the modes on the muti function display, there is a tractor and an engine hour meter. See if they read the same or different.

/ Should I trust the dealer?
Thanks for all your imput. The idea about the 2 hour meters sounds very interesting. Thanks again