Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower?

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #21  
I have a 6' Landpride RFM. I used it on my former B7800 which powered it great other than at the bottom of the hill and turning, the Landpride would sort of swing the tractor. It was no problem because I was aware that it was going to do it. I had a Jolle? French RFM before Landpride and it did not swing tractor. It was alot lighter but it kept falling apart at the beautiful almost invisible welds. It was a piece of crap on my rough yard. May be OK for flat level golf course yard. My current tractor L3240HST slows at the top of my hill with the 6' Landpride RFM but the B7800 didn't. Weight of tractor is using some of the HP especially going up hills so that just needs to be factored in the decision. I don't know how much pto hp it takes to turn your blades but level or hilly will make a big difference pulling the mowing deck if it's a heavy deck.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #22  
I'm wanting to find out the same information. I bought a Kubota B9200HST 4x4 a couplke months ago. So far all I've used is the loader but wanting to get a bushhog and finish mower. The tractor is rated at 22.5hp and it drops down to 16hp at the pto. What would be a good size mower to use with it. My land is a little hilly but I may use it to cut grass at other places and want something that I can handle hills without to much problem. After reading on here when I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy it. I went on Ebay and found a owners manual and shop manual but waiting for them on get here

A 48" RFM would probably be a more realistic fit for that tractor. It might pull a 60", depending on the length of the grass, the cutting height, the moisture level, and the terrain, level ground being less difficult. That being said, you might have to take a narrower cut or slow down with the larger mower to keep the tractor from struggling in less than optimal conditions.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #23  
If you are cutting any thing near a heavy grass I would stay with the 48 inch as just suggested. If you are cutting a thin grass you may be fine with 60 inch. But would suggest the 48.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #24  
If you look on the Kubota website the recommend up to a 6 foot Land Pride RFM. The Land pride 1672 lists up to 30Hp under it's specs. I'm sure there are some differences but if you have the right RFM you can definitely pull a 6 foot.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #25  
If you look on the Kubota website the recommend up to a 6 foot Land Pride RFM. The Land pride 1672 lists up to 30Hp under it's specs. I'm sure there are some differences but if you have the right RFM you can definitely pull a 6 foot.

Pleas note that WeedHopper41 is asking about a mower for his B9200, with 16 HP on the PTO. That is a lot less tractor than the L2800 that the OP asked about four years ago.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #26  
I'm pulling a PRD Woods 72" RFM with a 1720 Ford New Holland rated @ 28HP engine and 23.5 HP at the PTO. I can pull it in 7th or 8th gear and it does just fine. It is a 12 synchro- shuttle shift.

Check both the tractor and the mower. You're tractor could be a tick under the rated PTO power output from the factory and your mower could be pulling harder than it should be for some reason or other. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

I've always heard that the rule of thumb is 4 to 5 PTO HP per foot of mower. Some tractors perform just fine a tick under that and some don't for various reasons. My old Yanmar 1700 was rated at 17 HP at the PTO and ran a 5' Land Pride finish mower just fine for over 14 years. It was light duty but man was that a good unit. Never replaced a bearing in all that time. I hope the Woods is just as good. It should be. Perhaps I'm just lucky.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #27  
I pull a 60" Sitrex RFM with my L2800 HST. My tires are loaded, so I'm pulling an extra 400 lbs +. I mow in Med range over rolling hills and can't tell its back there. It sounds like you may have some issue with the tractor itself. Do as someone else suggested and have the tractor dyno'ed and the HST pressure checked. In the conditions you stated, I would think you should be able to run at full pedal in Low, rpms at 2400, with no problems.

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #28  
All 6 ft RFM are NOT going to consume the same pto hp. Some 6ft rear finish mowers will require much less pto hp because of the blade speeds are much slower thus using less hp to run at any given rpm. The better quality finish mowers have very high blade speed and require much more hp.

Example: My sitrex 6ft RFM requires probably 5-6 hp less than my woods prd finish mower. I have thought about using a different size drive pulley on the woods mower to efectively "slow down the blade speed" to save required hp. You know the better quality cuts come at a cost of "more required hp".

/ Should Kubota L2800 HST 4x4 pull 6' Finish Mower? #29  
For comparison, a Woods 6' RFM blade tip speed is 18,000 fpm, a cheaper King Kutter's blade tip speed is 16,950 fpm, so only 1,100 fpm difference.