Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV?

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
So watching some TV tonight and it seems like 60 to 70 percent of commercials are selling some type of pill for what ails you. Do you think this should be allowed? Some of these medicines end up causing problems for folks down the road and then you see lawyer commercials suing them. Just wondering what folks on here think about it one way or the other.

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #2  
I watched an old rerun of Match game and remarked how all of their sponsors were "simple" products and services.

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #3  
IMO doctors should tell you the best medicines...not the other way around...

...sit outside a Dr.'s office...and watch the traffic...they (doctors) see a pharmaceutical reps between every patient just about...

About the commercials...2/3 of the time is spent listing the possible side effects...(often much worse than the original malady)...!

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #6  
Why not? Do you like watching TV? Are you willing to pay more?

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #9  
I was going to reply to this post but realized as I wrote my reply it was starting to look like some folks might regard it as a political post. I have very strong feelings about our Constitution and how it has been interpreted but I will not discuss these feelings here. I think most of, if not all, posts that address the question the OP posted will have a very hard time not being political.
Eric

/ Should Pharmaceutical Commercials be allowed on TV? #10  
Hit the mute button and you’ll see the scenery in every drug commercial is a dream scape of upper middle class people doing something enjoyable in a pleasant location..as they move in slow motion….seriously…they’re slowed done by about 30%..
next time you see one, ask yourself, is that what people’s lives look like?
…and what do any of these people moving in slow motion have to do with the drug?