Should workers buy the vehicles they make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #2  
I personally like the idea. If you work for a company you should support that company. The only reason I could see not to would be if you worked ar a Harley plant and drove a car. They dont make one, you dont have a choice. Why wouldnt you support a company you work for? On the other hand, if you had a reason, you just cannot park in the prefered parking. No big deal, its not like they are getting fired....

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #3  
<font color="blue"> Hi, Do you think a company should make it's workers buy the vehicles they make </font>

No.
My daughter works a Wendys, whenever she dines out she should not be required to eat at Wendys .

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #4  
I'd say it's a bad sign if they WON'T buy 'em, but it borders on communism when they try to MAKE them buy only the brand they build.

So NO, auto manufacturers shouldn't REQUIRE their employees to buy only what they build. They should make it so attractive that the employees get that proverbial "offer they can't refuse".

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I personally like the idea. If you work for a company you should support that company. )</font>

I don't like the idea.

There are many ways to "support" a company you work for without buying their products.

Freedom of choice is what this is all about.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #6  
I worked for one of the largest oil company in the World years ago and when NAFTA was being introduced,all the employees got the letters from head office telling us who are senators and congressmen were in your local district and they TOLD us to contact our represantives via a form they had given us to do so and tell them that you were in support of NAFTA and then they wanted us to return a signed form telling them we had done as they had requested.

Needless to say, I was not about do such a thing,no way an employer should dictate what I do and do not do on my time off.

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #7  
I did not see where it was required to buy a Ford. All I saw was "the parking lot can be used only by employees who drive a car or truck built by Ford or one of its subsidiaries". If the employee wants to drive something else then park across the street.

They still have a choice. Drive a Ford get good up close parking, drive something else, get some exercise /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Kurt

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #8  
Back in the 50's I worked for B.F. Goodrich for a short while. At a training session the speaker went on and on about buying B.F.Goodrich products, tires, batteries, appliances (Kelvnator?) etc. Then during a break he sat down and put his feet up on the edge of the table and one of the guys that had just listened to his speech noticed that the heels of his shoes had the little winged Goodyear emblem.

The speaker was a little taken aback and said he did not think B.F.G. make shoe heels. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #9  
<font color="blue"> Do you think a company should make it's workers buy the vehicles they make</font>
No. They should give them to them for free as a marketing tool and research test bed! Then they should sell them as factory certified with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and a big sticker in the glove box that says "Personally Certified by Joe Union Worker". If ANYTHING goes wrong with the car, we will replace it for free. PERIOD.

Pretty simple warranty and good marketing ploy. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Should workers buy the vehicles they make? #10  
I agree with Mossroad, I work for the blue "C" engine company! Lets see, I would like a 1 ton Dodge 4x4 w/crew cab DRW and of course powered by a Cummins. Maybe next year. Here they have what they call a "power row" where only Cummins powered vehicles are allowed to park. It's the first row in the lot.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.