Show me some pics of your tractor shed.

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #1  

wetstuff

Silver Member
Tractor
J-D 1070, Furgeson F-40
I need to build one to house my J-D 1070. The machine is basically 12x6x7'h. I have an 18', Rider truck body that I could mask with nice siding, etc. ..but the bugger is short, by about 4", letting the ROP in.

Maybe you have a picture of a nice one. My wife will not let me 'trash' the home property. Thanks.

Jim

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #2  
Hi wetstuff. I have a question can you put a folding ROP on your JD. It works real well on my Kubota. With it down I can park in a 7' tall quonset hut with about 5" to spare. :thumbsup:

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed.
K3: Thanks. I could have it mod'd. This one was probably designed in the legal department in NYC. Yours may have been designed in the marketing dept. where people have garages ..or at least carried the complaints to the penthouse and beat back legal.

JD_snow.JPG

Aside from tree limbs, I don't mind it -so far- (20hrs) and came up with a design for a shooting platform on top where I can mount some driving lamps and solar charger. ..I thought about simply un-bolting the whole thing, but I am a big fan of survival and do not dislike seatbelts, etc...

Jim

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #4  
Go with a good car-port, I got mine about 3 years ago for $1200 and plan on closing in the sides and rear soon. You can also get the metal in about 12 different colors. It's had over 3ft of snow and ice on it and never budged. I love not having to clean off the snow before using it to clear the driveway.
T-N-T Carports - Nationwide installed metal carports, garages, buildings, rv covers, horse barns, lean-tos and more!

If you don't mind the "cheap" look of a fabric car-port, my old Shelter Logic car-port ($300) held up very well for 4 years but I had to clear the snow off after every storm.

Derek: I too love those carports; I have two here at my shop - but my wife would not issue building permits for me to have them at home.

I view the tractor as part of the property. I expect the prospective woman to oggle the kitchen and the guy to get jazz'd about 'his new tractor'. (but I don't expect that to happen for 5+yrs .. Plan Ahead!)

Jim

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #6  
The center section is for parking the tractor in, a straight drive-thru. My canopy is right at 8' 1" high and the lower side of that bay has right at 8' 9" clearance. I've just started parking the tractor in it within the last 30 days or so. Obviously the last pic is with the metal all on the little addition I added this year. I built the shed & 2 tall bays in 2008.

Attachments

• DSCN1758.JPG
    DSCN1758.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 879
  • DSCN1750.JPG
    DSCN1750.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 735
  • DSCN1139.JPG
    DSCN1139.JPG
    701.6 KB · Views: 3,451
   / Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #7  
Well Wetstuff,

You could propose several options 1) a workshop/garage for say $30K to house your tractor and other pursuits, which the significant other will likely nix so may actually say, OK honey, put up the temporary shelter for $2-300 for a year.. Now you have momentum - it may take 2 years but a least you have it covered..

If you already have the Ryder body on site you can get 95% of your 1070 in by pulliing in leaving the ROPS outside, this would at least keep the majority under cover. You could also build the rafters on top of the body then cut out a section to fit your unit if it comes to that,

The other option is doing a lean too off the house structure, but by the sounds of things this may be difficult to get approved, so go back to option 1, and get a barn/workshop/garage.. It takes time, but you will get there.

Carl

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #8  
Sorry, you asked for Pics.. Here is my barn/workshop. I had a $200 10x20 metal tube/tarp deal before, and wife thinks this is better looking.

Attachments

• 100_0917.jpg
    100_0917.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,453
  • 100_0938.jpg
    100_0938.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 1,237
I guess! Carl - that's beautiful. ****, you could rent it out to tourists.. Part of what's cool about it, the entry door is scaled properly. These carports and Butler bldgs. have gaping maws..

What do you do when you have a 40wx20h opening .. buy a bigger piece of equipment! Yours looks there's also a room for a lathe, mill, forge, some air, sewing machines .. lotsa other goodies. Nice one.

Jim

/ Show me some pics of your tractor shed. #10  
I park mine in the house--or at least thats what my wife calls the garage..:D I kinda play alot out there...

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 786