Shower of sparks from exhaust

/ Shower of sparks from exhaust
We got the W and the O. Anybody know what the F is

It can either mean "Wound Full Out", or "Wide F'n Open", depending on who is in the room.

JayC

/ Shower of sparks from exhaust #23  
My old David Brown 880 which I bought used about 1978 was probably built in the late sixties was not the least bit pollution controlled or fuel efficient. Under full load going down a road at night the excess fuel would still be burning as it went through the muffler and the top half would get cherry red 1400deg. F with plenty of sparks. I'd say it was a low tech machine but it had draft control, differential lock and a FEL .

It's not flame . It's only incandescent gasses, exhaust, the by products of combustion that took place previously way back down in the combustion chamber . There is no fuel and oxygen mixing and burning in the manifolds, in the muffler or just above the muffler's stack.

/ Shower of sparks from exhaust #24  
It's not flame . It's only incandescent gasses, exhaust, the by products of combustion that took place previously way back down in the combustion chamber . There is no fuel and oxygen mixing and burning in the manifolds, in the muffler or just above the muffler's stack.
OK something other then flame but it was cherry red hot and I choose not to stick my fingers in the exhast plume. :eek:

/ Shower of sparks from exhaust #26  
That video is definitely burning fuel coming out the exhaust because of insufficient oxygen.

/ Shower of sparks from exhaust #28  
But for me most funny thing is a comment just under that YouTube video: Why is that engine doing that periodically? Is there a fat kid on the ferris wheel? :laughing::laughing: