Sicma vs Ansung tiller

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #1  

Catman8

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 30B, John Deere 2032R
I can't make up my mind between the Sicma T5-60 made in Italy or the Ansung yjco62 made in Korea tillers. I have a JD2032R, tractor hp 31.7, PTO hp 23.5, tire width is 55". I will be tilling three acres of soft decomposed granite, after it rains you can dig it with a spoon and it's not very hard when it's dry, and not many rocks. I want to buy a quality tiller not a cheap o. Is the extra weight going to be an advantage or disadvantage with my size tractor, are the adjustable blocks a plus when you have a narrow distance between your rear wheels. Does the extra weight of the Ansung mean it's a better tiller or does the Sicma make up for the loss in weight with quality steel, more tines, or better parts. Appriciate your input .

The Sicma weighs 441 Lb, PTO hp required 20-35' and has 42 blades, Adjustable/Off Setable Lower and Upper Hitch Blocks (for up to 4" of offset), three year warranty on gear box, $2,324.00

The ETA Ansung weighs 533 lb, PTO HP required 25-40, and has 36 blades, five year warranty on gear box. $2,071.00

Last edited:
   / Sicma vs Ansung tiller #2  
Yes, weight is your friend providing you have the hp and the hydraulics to lift it. I personally liked the Sicma all around for quality of build and more tines.

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller
Yes, weight is your friend providing you have the hp and the hydraulics to lift it. I personally liked the Sicma all around for quality of build and more tines.

I like the fact that the Sicma has been around for many years and that they are made in Italy, and that this model has more tines, maybe more tines makes up for the 92lb difference. On the other hand the Ansung is heavier, five year warranty, and a gearbox that is like a cars rear end differential that is supposed to be quieter. Hummmm, that's the problem with not being able to see a side by side comparison to see the build quality. Thanks for your opinion Oldtink.

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #4  
If your ground is hard, FEWER tines will cut better than more tines, however the bed behind the tiller will be a bit coarser.

(( More horsepower per tine. ))

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller
If your ground is hard, FEWER tines will cut better than more tines, however the bed behind the tiller will be a bit coarser.

(( More horsepower per tine. ))

why is Sicma saying you only need 20 hp, vs 25 is it because they have more tines. The more tines you have the less hp you need, or just the opposite.

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #6  
why is Sicma saying you only need 20 hp, vs 25 is it because they have more tines. The more tines you have the less hp you need, or just the opposite.

The more tines you have the more HP is required to drive it

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller
The more tines you have the more HP is required to drive it

The Ansung has less tines then the Sicma and Ansung is saying you need more hp to run their tiller, why is that.

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #8  
How are the tines driven? Center mounted car rear end types leave a untilled area in the middle that the side mount chains or gears drives do not. Side mount gears/chains till more uniformly. There is 90 lbs more of something in the Ansung! That's 23% more for less $.

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #9  
More tines means you will need more hp, but it will do a better job too...

I'm NOT fond of tillers with less tines on the flanges and wouldn't buy one!

Personally, i'd be looking at one of the better models of Maschio or Kuhn tillers... But, with only 23hp you wouldn't be able to power a HD tiller as wide as you are looking at.

Well built HD tillers cost a lot of $ too, probably more than you are willing to pay...

SR

/ Sicma vs Ansung tiller #10  
All I can say is I have the Ansung YJR074 and I am running it with 26.5 HP - supposed to take 50. However as I have a hydro tractor I can slow down and let it work. It is built like a tank - No problems. You want a tiller wide enough to cover you tractor tracks. Many times the HP rating is to get a heavier tractor to lift and operate. In tillers weight is your friend so they do not bounce as much. As for less tines not giving a smooth bed, I call foul - you just need to go a bit slower on the final pass and it will be fluffy and smooth.

The YJC is chain driven - I would recommend moving up to the gear driven YJR062 which is heavier and has more tines. YJR Series It is a more durable unit.