Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust

/ Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust #51  
It's white and says Acell. 🤣
😂 It needs more fuel! We found the problem!

This problem about the pt hot muffler has been going on since at least 2015 when I joined.

/ Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust
Spoke with an actual
Kohler technician again today about it
He reassured me it was normal,

And that the current exhaust elbow bend, is not a restriction worry.

Guess I’ll build a heat shield around it, for safety, and to keep heat off the tire
And not drive it at night. LoL

/ Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust #53  
It sounds like you got advise from the one most qualified for that question, I would say 👍

It sounds like you got advise from the one most qualified for that question, I would say

Yeah
I contacted them about the original PT425 exhaust first, and they said without actually seeing how the exhaust was built, they couldn’t give much advice, other than visible glowing manifolds are normal, in low light situations
They recommended using a Kohler manifold
Which is what I ended up using, and I know it flows better than the PT muffler, but is louder

/ Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust #55  
Yeah
I contacted them about the original PT425 exhaust first, and they said without actually seeing how the exhaust was built, they couldn’t give much advice, other than visible glowing manifolds are normal, in low light situations
They recommended using a Kohler manifold
Which is what I ended up using, and I know it flows better than the PT muffler, but is louder
I'll tell you from 20 years of operation, my 2001 model PT425 with the Kohler exhaust is LOUD! at full throttle. And my exhaust pipe is facing straight back. I always wear hearing protection.

I'll tell you from 20 years of operation, my 2001 model PT425 with the Kohler exhaust is LOUD! at full throttle. And my exhaust pipe is facing straight back. I always wear hearing protection.

WHAT? Lol
After seeing my grandparents end up mostly deaf, due to noise exposure
I always wear hearing protection anymore
My current exhaust sounds similar to a Harley.
My neighbor actually likes it.

I’ll probably tinker with some other stuff, add some baffles
to find a happy medium between sound and flow

/ Side mounted fire starter. Red Hot exhaust #58  
I think that it is great that you spoke to Koehler about this!

I'm partial to the super trapp muffler tips because you can adjust them to get what you need. My $0.02 is to precede it with something that has batting in it.

All the best,

Peter