Snow Attachments Side wing on a snow blade?

/ Side wing on a snow blade? #21  
Kevin

I <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/6-28565-wing.JPG>made this </A> for our 9ft Fisher plow on our wrecker. Basically it is square tubing mounted to the vertical ribs on the main plow (I call it the adaptor). The wing had square tubing welded to it. The tubing slides into the adaptor on the main plow. The adaptor is can be unbolted from the plow. I have used this quite a bit over the last 4 years and used it hard. My primary use for it is to wing back side snow banks and to get close to ditches with out getting stuck. I/we commercially plow 110 driveways in a rural setting.

The pictures are from a few years ago. If you want some better pictures let me know...

/ Side wing on a snow blade?
Derek,

Thanks for the photos. That looks very beefy! It is exactly the type of thing I'd like to do, but on a much smaller scale. Looks to me like you actually used another blade and cut it off? I'm going to try really simple first though since I don't have a welder or a lot of metal working tools. I think I'm going to try to track down a horse mat at our UFA and give that concept a try.

Thanks,
Kevin