Sidewalk repair

/ Sidewalk repair #11  
There are outfits that can pump some stuff underneath them to raise them up. Around, here there's an outfit named JES.

Yep, as seen on local TV.

Basically they pump foam under the low side and let expanding foam foam do the raising job.

I'd imagine however some practice would in order else you'd have another problem with the too lows now being too high.

Perhaps simple trial and error could work, foam and wait a bit for it to set, add more if necessary etc.

LOL, I don't think 'foam in a spray can' would do the job, would take one of those big home insulation rigs.

/ Sidewalk repair #12  
As others have said.... you might want to look into getting a quote to level it up. Look for companies that do Slab Jacking / Mud Jacking, they will either use foam or a mud / grout mixture & they can easily fix that walk. We have hired a company around here a few times through work for projects we were on & the projects were much worse...

If you really want to do it yourself you might check to see if anyone local rents a grout pump with the hoses & nozzle - there are hand, hydraulic & motorized versions.

/ Sidewalk repair #13  
I’ve dealt with this several times myself. I dig a hole just to the side of the concrete, deep enough for a bottle jack then undercut so the jack is under the sidewalk. As another poster suggested you may have to sit the jack on a board or brick as it will tend to sink as you jack up the slab. I usually drive some bricks under the concrete to level it up, you may need to go a little higher than level before you release the jack.
Mike

/ Sidewalk repair #14  
Eighteen years ago we decided to build a paved walkway. It was a DIY project. We decided to purchase a paver form and go that way. This form makes twelve interlocking pavers. The form is four feet wide. The walkway ended up being 4' by 62'. I have an electric mixer and each load filled two forms.

The biggest job - digging out the sod and then a foot further into the topsoil, laying and tamping a base course of gravel. The advantage of using a paver form - you can stop at any time and not worry about a cold joint or handling massive amounts of concrete.

Now, in the spring the ground may heave a little and some of the pavers may rise up a little. As summer comes on the ground dries out and the pavers settle back down. All is well once again.