Silly ag tire question

/ Silly ag tire question #11  
I've known guys to run R1s backwards on non-drive axles - they throw less mud. Steer axle on 2wd combine, grain buggys, manure spreaders to name a few

/ Silly ag tire question #12  
I've never heard they wear better, but that is supposed to give better traction when backing out of a pile of materials.

It may be from less spinning backing out the pile :confused3: Just what I heard.

/ Silly ag tire question #13  
Funny, I found the exact opposite with my tractor. If it's in 4x4 the front wheels help pull the front of the tractor around but in 2x4 it tends to push (understeer) which tears up the turf.

I agree, at least with turf tires. But I do not know if that holds true with AG or R1 tires. Seems like it would. Though sharp turns year up the lawn no matter what.

im sorry to say but you guys are wearing your components out running your 4 wheel drive on areas where sharp turns are needed on no slippery surfaces. You dont engage 4 wheel drive unless making wide turns or very soft underfooting where required. That is very hard on ANY 4 wheel drive machine. Mowing a lawn, like in the op situation is hardly ever need unles reversing on a steep incline. Stay out of 4 wheel drive all together unless your doing work where it is absolutely needed. this is misinformation. Use common sense. its no different than your pick up truck and turning on sharp on non slick surfaces. When mowing lawn, most of us make sharp turns while mowing and dont mow a lawn when it is muddy and you need 4 wheel drive.