silly experiences

/ silly experiences #11  
I've raised pigs, rabbits, ducks, chickens and goats for food over the years. There is a meat chicken available that grows rapidly and is ready for butcher at about 10 weeks. Some friends of mine decided to raise chickens for the first time. After the 10 weeeks were up, they were ready to butcher, but had never done it before. So, I offered to come ouit and show them how to do it. When I got there, they had killed and were plucking a chicken. I about died laughing. That poor bird was so scrawny that it wouldn't even provide a mouthful of meat. They had ordered 25 or 50 assorted "heavy" chickens, not knowing that "heavy" meant heavy layers, not heavy meat birds. The good news was that they gave me a half dozen good layers.

Pat (Techno-Tractor Mom)

/ silly experiences #12  
That's pretty good, Pat. At least you came out ahead on the deal. Many years ago, my wife bought a whole chicken, cut it up and fried it; so tough there was no way we could eat it, so I went and got the package to see what she bought. She didn't know there was a difference in fryers and roasting hens./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ silly experiences #13  
Thomas,

If your willing to take a chance with your wife reading posts so will I. Before I married my wife I took her on a hike and and we saw a Blue Jay she asked what it was an I told her it was a baby Crow. A little later we came across some of the prickle looking Fir Cones she asked, I told here they were Porcupine eggs. It was several years before her new found knowledge surfaced. To this day, she is still paying me back./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ silly experiences #14  
TWINKLE_TOES,
Those two were cute, /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif and yes I agree women have a way of not letting you forget. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
Oh I pull some hum dingers myself over the years.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif