Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #21  
It’s the air moving over the top of a chimney that improves draft. Just get it up away from the roof.
If you don’t want to extend the chimney up, extend it down. Like in ski lodges where pipe comes down and then splays into a circular hood just above the fire.

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #23  
A heat duct booster fan at the outer dia of the gazebo, with a pipe following the roof line to the stack, blowing up inducing a draft.

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #24  
That might work.

I'd concentrate on building the smokeless fire pit, first though.

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #25  
It seems to me that not much air flow through the hole in top is needed. Why not try a little experiment? If you have fan available, even one with plastic blades, you could lay it across the hole. If the fan is too small then lay a couple sticks across the hole and lay the fan across the sticks. Build a fire, wait for the smoke, then turn on the fan to see what kind of a difference it makes. I think this might help you evaluate how big of fan you might need. If you have one of those non contact hand held IR thermometers then you could aim it at the fan blades if you turn off the fan or maybe the fan hub while it's running to get an idea of just how hot the fan gets. It may be that the smoke will be cool enough to not cause a problem. Anyway, just pulling an idea from my butt, so it may be no good. On the other hand (the one I didn't use to pull the idea out) if you have the fan, sticks, and thermometer on hand, so to speak, this experiment will only cost you time.
Cheers,
Eric

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #26  
That might work.

I'd concentrate on building the smokeless fire pit, first though.
A smokeless pit, while better because of the more efficient combustion, will still behave the same way, having the combustion products in the same place as the smoke. While less irritating everyone will still be breathing burning wood exhaust. But the exhaust should be hotter and maybe it would be hot enough to start the draft working properly. Now, wouldn't that be cool. Or hot.
Eric

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #27  
OP's pic is not clear but that roof hole may be mostly capped, leaving just a perimeter vent around the hole. I think Elvis had left the building by the time I asked about it.

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #28  
OP's pic is not clear but that roof hole may be mostly capped, leaving just a perimeter vent around the hole. I think Elvis had left the building by the time I asked about it.
OP disappeared after posting his question/problem! Probably figured something out himself and moved on. 😏

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #29  
Open the Manway in the roof to help air flow. Use seasoned wood. Double up on the refreshments.

/ Silo Gazebo - Smoke Problem #30  
To build a chimney but not have it show would be to have a hood vent that comes down over the fire pit with the stack inside the silo to the vented peak. I think that would look good, produce plenty of upward draft.