Loader Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #1  

Samwise

Tractor
Kubota BX2370
Its a axiom of tractor ownership that whatever you think is big enough is too small. The BX bucket is like this - its only 3-4 wheelbarrows. Moving something light like leaves one bucket at a time is just not tolerable if you have many leaves. So I made this very simple plywood bucket extension. Has lasted several years now and done the trick. Not for moving dirt of course. The hardest part was getting the pattern right for the sides (trail and error with clamps and cardboard etc). Not up to some of the fancy projects on the forum but it works.

Attachments

• IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,096
  • IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 719
  • IMG_6126.JPG
    IMG_6126.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 972
  • IMG_6125.JPG
    IMG_6125.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 748
   / Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #2  
Nice. My suggestion would be to hit the ends of those screws with the ol' angle grinder before someone ruins their pants (or need stitches).

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material
Photos are from right after this was built. I'v been using this for a couple of years now. those screws tips are long gone. but thanks for the comment.

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #4  
Nice project! I need to make something like that, I have lots of trees to clean up after.

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #5  
For my first Kugota (B7500) I had our sheet metal guy at work bend some heavy gauge galvanized that fit just inside the bucket for doing mulch 'n stuff. Bolts that matched my wear bar and a few in the sides held it and with the little B7500 it was HD enough to press down and raise the front wheels off the ground. When I sold the B7500 and bought the L3200, the buyer didn't want the extension. Being a scrounge and a tinkerer, I kept it for a source of sheet metal for a future project.

Someone on one of the tractor boards mentioned they were looking to make an extension. He asked what it looked like so I put it in front of the L3200 bucket for a photo. Turns out he was passing near my area on a trip so I gave it to him.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 371
   / Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #6  
For my first Kugota (B7500) I had our sheet metal guy at work bend some heavy gauge galvanized that fit just inside the bucket for doing mulch 'n stuff. Bolts that matched my wear bar and a few in the sides held it and with the little B7500 it was HD enough to press down and raise the front wheels off the ground. When I sold the B7500 and bought the L3200, the buyer didn't want the extension. Being a scrounge and a tinkerer, I kept it for a source of sheet metal for a future project.

Someone on one of the tractor boards mentioned they were looking to make an extension. He asked what it looked like so I put it in front of the L3200 bucket for a photo. Turns out he was passing near my area on a trip so I gave it to him.
That was me back in 2014, I was driving up from Raleigh with a new to us vehicle for my wife.
Still have the extension (and the vehicle, we have put about 70,000 miles on it since), need to put the extension back on one of these days to help move snowbanks around.

Aaron Z

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #7  
That was me back in 2014, I was driving up from Raleigh with a new to us vehicle for my wife.
Still have the extension (and the vehicle, we have put about 70,000 miles on it since), need to put the extension back on one of these days to help move snowbanks around.

Aaron Z

Cool! I couldn't recall who it was or even which board. Hope all is well. Just noticed the B and G keys must have been pretty close to each other earlier today. My B7500 wasn't really a Kugota:)

/ Simple BX Bucket Extension for Light Material #8  
Its a axiom of tractor ownership that whatever you think is big enough is too small. The BX bucket is like this - its only 3-4 wheelbarrows. Moving something light like leaves one bucket at a time is just not tolerable if you have many leaves. So I made this very simple plywood bucket extension. Has lasted several years now and done the trick. Not for moving dirt of course. The hardest part was getting the pattern right for the sides (trail and error with clamps and cardboard etc). Not up to some of the fancy projects on the forum but it works.
I like it lots. If I was you though, I'd replace the wood screws holding the corners together with screws/washers/nuts.