Simplicity Legacy XL

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #21  
For example, Allis Chalmers owned them for a while, and invoked the "anger" of a Federal antitrust suit after buying them, but then Allis went under and now Simplicity owns the rights to the Allis Chalmers name. Simplicity bought Giant Vac, Ferris and Snapper over the years, then was themselves bought up by Briggs and Stratton...
[/QUOTE]

I find it interesting that a few years ago, when I bought my Simplicity zero turn mower that a Kohler engine was still an option.

My question is if they're really SO GREAT why does he need three of them to do his chores -- wouldn't ONE good machine suffice?

LOL!!!:D

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #22  
I think it's interesting too that they still offer Kohler and Kawasaki engines. I would have thought that they'd change the Kohler Commands over to Vanguards after B&S bought them. It's nice to have those choices though.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL
*My question is if they're really SO GREAT why does he need three of them to do his chores -- wouldn't ONE good machine suffice?
*If that's the way to measure the quality of a tractor then why do so many farms have multiple tractors?
jas67 said:
My question is if they're really SO GREAT why does he need three of them to do his chores -- wouldn't ONE good machine suffice? LOL!!!:D
If he or you have more than one car you should get rid of all those junkers and get one good one good one to meet all your needs:rolleyes:

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #24  
*If that's the way to measure the quality of a tractor then why do so many farms have multiple tractors?

If he or you have more than one car you should get rid of all those junkers and get one good one good one to meet all your needs:rolleyes:

LB, you mis-quoted me, "My question is if they're really SO GREAT why does he need three of them to do his chores -- wouldn't ONE good machine suffice? " wasn't my quote.

I have often wondered why 3 of the same basic sized machine. I would love to have a GR2110 for mowing, an L-something for the heavy lifting, and a B3030 for everything in between. When it comes right down to it, I could use my B7100HST all of it, but I have too many things to go around and between to use it efficiently for mowing, hence the all wheel drive G1800S.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #25  

1. They have different SIZE machines...

2. They have multiple DRIVERS...

Having multiple tractors simply because it is a PITA to change implements is a direct reflection on the TRACTORS...

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #26  

I don't think anyone really cares how many tractors you have...maybe they just get trired about hearing that you have three tractors over and over and over and over again...

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #27  

You won't find too many full time farmers with multiple machines in the same size class unless they have multiple drivers and a specific need to run them simultaneously. For example, 2 JD 7730s planting corn or 1 7730 pulling a grain cart during harvest season while another 7730 drills soybeans in the harvested wheat fields. Or, on the smaller end of the farm spectrum, multiple tractors filling multiple niches on the farm. A high hp tractor for field work (planting, seedbed prep, running a large hay baler, etc), a mid size utility for moving hay bales and general farmstead maintenance (bush hogging, maintaining dirt or gravel rds, material handling, etc.), and possibly a compact or low clearance unit if there is a need for a small package to work in orchards, vineyards, or cleaning out barns, or powering an auger during corn or grain harvest season.

As for the car analogy, I can't think of many people who would own 2 Corollas and an Avalon just so they can take 1 to work, 1 to the mall, and 1 out for a nice dinner in the city (the automotive equivalent of LB's 3 tractors). As they say, different strokes for different folks. There's no doubt that 99%+ on this board would love to have more tractors, and while most of us would do it differently than LB did if we were laying out the cash for 3 tractors, so long as you're happy LB, our opinion doesn't really matter since you paid for them. :)

As for me, I'd love to have 3 tractors: I'd keep my MF 2823 for mowing the yard, get a Farmall A or Super A for cultivating the garden, and about a 25-30 hp B series Kubota or Class II Boomer with a loader for doing work at the farm.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #28  
Let's read more about the XL and less about his three tractors.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #29  
I agree with most here. What is the purpose of this thread? I pretty much ignore the author but will be happy to comment on the Legacy. I love mine. What is there not to like? It is all of these things:

A. Reliable
B. Affordable
C. Easy to operate
D. Easy to maintain
E. Amenable to a wide range of attachments
F. A nice color (of course anything other than green qualifies)

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #30  
Well, I don't have a Legacy, but a friend of mine does and he loves it. I have its predecessor, a Sunstar. Not near the tractor the Legacy is, but it serves me very well with a 60" deck, snowplow, and 38" tiller. Its got about 670 hrs on it now and runs like a top.

LB has every right to be proud of his tractors in my opinion. He's just doing a little fishing to see if others are as proud of theirs.;)

Mark