Simplicity Legacy XL

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #41  
I do have a 3-pt ballast box on the back of the tractor with 3 80 lb bags of cement in it. It's stable when moving - the only time the back comes up is when the bucket is stuck on a big root, I lift the bucket, and drive in reverse.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #42  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">(
I was first looking at the Massey, i believe GC2300. That was a sweet machine, but I decided it was too big, plus I thought the design of the Simplicity mower was superior.
)</font>Conquests, Broadmoors, and Regents respecitvely. )</font>
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing keeping the Legacy XL un competitive with the Kubota and M-F sub compacts is the price of it's back hoe, which is nearly twice that of competitors.
----- <font color="orange">''''''''''' </font> --------------
<font color="black"> The Kubota BX23 and The MF 2310 are the only Sub compacts offering a Backhoe.
Before I bought my BX23 for $15500 I checked out the Legacy Xl thinking surely it would beat the $15500 quote I had on the Kubota.
I figured Since the Kubota was $15500 the Simplicity would probably be somewhere around 12 to 14K.
You can imagine the sicker shock I got when I was quoted $20500 for a Legacy Xl equipped like the BX23!----
---------BTW the Legacy Xl is the only small tractor you can buy without a back hoe then order the back hoe later.
Those looking into adding a BH some time after purchasing a BX 2230 MF2300 or JD 2210 ought to look into the Simplicity XL.
The Legacy XL is the only one to offer an OEM BackHoe that can be added after purchasing the tractor.

</font>

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #43  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I do have a 3-pt ballast box on the back of the tractor with 3 80 lb bags of cement in it. <font color="red"> [ </font> the only time the back comes up is when the bucket is stuck on a big root .<font color="red"> ] </font>
)</font>

<font color="red"> * </font> Looks like the 240 pounds isn't enough weight back there then. <font color="red"> *</font>
I can't lift my back wheels off the ground like this.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #44  
There are a number of tractors out there on the market that I would classify as "SubCUT sized" tractors. Some of which get little or no mention on this website. I say "SubCUT sized" tractors because I believe if somebody is looking for a tractor in this size range they should get the complete list of what is available out there - not just the standard Kubota BX, Deere 2210, Massey GC list that typically gets given out here. There is another thread going on right now here on TBN about brand loyalty vs. brand non-loyalty, so in the issue of fairness I believe that the following list is what should be given out to anybody looking at a "SubCUT sized" tractor:

Kubota BX series
Massey GC series
New Holland TZ series
Deere 2210 (now 2305)
Simplicity Legacy XL
Deere X series
Ingersoll 6000 & 7000 series

Not all of the above compare directly to each other but given the general availability of 3pt, HP, attachments, FEL, etc. I believe they should be listed together. If one was looking for a tractor in this size range purely for mowing every model range listed except for the Ingersoll would be a candidate for instance, if one was looking for a tractor of this size the BX23, GC2310, Simplicy XL, and the Ingersoll would be candidates to look at.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #45  
Thanks for the feedback on the Legacy XL. I have been a closet Legacy XL fan ever since Deere introduced the current X-series.

I had the impression that Simplicity did their homework on the Legacy XL. It is nice to know that indeed they did.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #46  
This is an interesting thread...
I have owned the Legacy XL for 10 months and wouldn't think of trading it for a BX series. I owned a B7100 prior and when I started looking I was ready to buy another Kubota until I found the Simplicity. Kubota is a great tractor... But my work is 75% mowing 3 acres and 25% light excavating. Kubota can't come close to the cut of the Simplicity mower. I have a woods box blade, scraper blade, and stone rake. The Simplicity pulls this equipment just as good as my old B7100 and with power steering to boot! I will say I ordered the ROPS with mine and believe this is a big mistake from Simplicity... This should be standard equipment with the loader install.
The Simplicity for some reason doesn't get the credit it deserves... Not sure why.
In a perfect world I'd have a B2910 with a loader and backhoe to play with too... This isn't a perfect world so I chose the best option for my daily needs.

Tom

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #47  
1*I like the Simplicity too,but what I don't like is every time I price them out against Kubota they have always came out to a lot more money than the Kubota.
I'm looking to spend less than the cost of a Kubota not more.
2*My idea is a B 2410 Bx23 and a good Lawn and garden
tractor with a front blade and rear tiller If could only beat the price of a BX1500 with it.
<font color="green"> 3*I'm not worried about the cut because I don't need a mower.
</font> All I want is a tiller and front blade.

This is an interesting thread...
<font color="blue">1*I have owned the Legacy XL for 10 months and wouldn't think of trading it for a BX series.
2*In a perfect world I'd have a B2910 with a loader and backhoe to play with too... This isn't a perfect world so I chose the best option for my daily needs.[color]
3* <font color="green"> Kubota can't come close to the cut of the Simplicity mower. </font>
===Tom===

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #49  
<font color="blue">I will say I ordered the ROPS with mine and believe this is a big mistake from Simplicity...
*This should be standard equipment with the loader install.
67Bird
</font>
====
*It is standard on kubota BX tractors with or without a loader.
This is one of the things that tells me the legacy is not a S-Cut.
Sub Cuts are required by law to have a ROPS.
Since Legacy isn't required to have a ROPS then it must not be A S-Cut.

~~~~~~~~~
MY FIRST CAR http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
~~~~~~~~~~

/ Simplicity Legacy XL #50  
If I hadn't seen him sign "Randy from Long Island" I would have guessed Long Island from looking at the soil in the hole. Some people call that soil sand!
Not knocking the XL at all, but I am curious if it could do the same in clay/rock.