simplifying and organizing FEL hydraulic hose?

/ simplifying and organizing FEL hydraulic hose? #1  

Cormac

I have a basic hydraulic skematic question that I am looking for some guidance. I have a Ford 6600 with a Bush Hog 2425QT loader with a two lever controller. I am confident that the pump pressure and return line are the two hoses that start/return just below the seat and go to the controller. It is the other four (cylinder hoses) I'd like to simplify. Right now they run from the loader to the back of the tractor (right past the controller) to 4 hydraulic quick disconnects. On the other side of the quick disconnects I have additional runs of hose that follow the same path (now forward) to the controller. This means I have 8 lengths of hose between the controller and the back of the tractor. Here are my questions:
1)Since I do not have any implements that require rear hydraulics (at this time), can't I simply take the the hydraulic runs from the FEL and attach them to the controller. This would certainly simplify things and "clean up" the back of the tractor.
2)If for some reason you all feel that maintaining the rear hydraulics is important, can't I connect the FEL hoses to the controller with 4 pipe tees in the circuit somewhere near the controller (cleanly and organized) and now have 4 dead ended lines from the controller to the four QD's in the back should I ever require the use of rear hydraulics.
With a total of 8 hoses running alongside the tractor (between the controller and the back of the tractor)with no clear and obvious location to secure them neatly, I am looking to eliminate an octopus back there.
Anyone suggestions?

/ simplifying and organizing FEL hydraulic hose? #2  
The 4 hoses you are talking about ar the hoses for the spool work ports. To answer your questions:

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1) Since I do not have any implements that require rear hydraulics (at this time), can't I simply take the the hydraulic runs from the FEL and attach them to the controller. This would certainly simplify things and "clean up" the back of the tractor. )</font>

1. yes

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 2) If for some reason you all feel that maintaining the rear hydraulics is important, can't I connect the FEL hoses to the controller with 4 pipe tees in the circuit somewhere near the controller (cleanly and organized) and now have 4 dead ended lines from the controller to the four QD's in the back should I ever require the use of rear hydraulics )</font>

2. You could do that but if you ever connect something to the "dead ended" connections you must disconnect the connection going to the loader cylinders, otherwise the rear implement and loader will work simultaneously.

Also don't use "pipe tees". Use regular hydraulic hose fittings as they are made to withstand the pressure.