Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk....

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk....
Is that a picture of mine?:D

No, that one actually has a JD QA hitch on it...........but
Your's is downstairs and should be leaving today!! :dance1:

Here it is, on the dock and ready to roll(cell phone pic once again).
IMG_20130709_140549_045.jpg

Last edited:
He alludes to issues like not knowing what is in a big brush pile (stump!!!:eek: ) or pushing inadvertently against a tree that would certainly be issues with a much bigger tractor. Too bad there wasn't an opportunity to demonstrate these types of issues in operation on the video as most buyers will be novices and might not pick up on Ted's verbal advice right away.

We made a video of how not to use a grapple by taking some footage out of the two videos. I made a thread here on TBN about it that you may have missed.
It doesn't show everything, but I think it's pretty good(and entertaining).

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk.... #73  
They're held onto the brackets by carriage bolts. The brackets are welded onto the grapple frame.
Here's a pic:

View attachment 326517

I can see now. Certainly looks sturdy enough and probably strengthens the whole lower grapple too. It might be nice to not need to remove 20 or so bolts to remove/install but I guess quick release pins would likely get snagged on brush and pull out unexpectedly. It is a very nice option to have those intermediate tines.

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk.... #74  

View attachment 326520

WHAT? No bubble wrap? What if it get scratched or dirty on the trip? It doesn't have a protective coat of wax yet!

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk.... #75  
We made a video of how not to use a grapple by taking some footage out of the two videos. I made a thread here on TBN about it that you may have missed.
It doesn't show everything, but I think it's pretty good(and entertaining).

Perfect! I had not seen the other thread. I love the line about how tractors are not supposed to hang from trees! You guys should put this on a DVD and send it out with every grapple!!

And tell Ted he's not the only one to destroy their fiberglass canopy on a tree! Been there, done that too!

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk.... #76  

View attachment 326520

Perfect!:cool2: The dealer has the tractor as I type, installing the third function hydraulics. Maybe it'll get there before they bring it back.

WHAT? No bubble wrap? What if it get scratched or dirty on the trip? It doesn't have a protective coat of wax yet!
Nah, no bubble wrap. It seems that the more you try to wrap something up and protect it, the rougher it gets treated.
If we used bubble wrap, they'd probably try to bounce it!!:eek:

Here's the 50" Grapple product video that was filmed yesterday.

/ Single Lid CUT Wicked Grapple..If your compact tractor could talk.... #79  

View attachment 326520

Travis,

It arrived today, perfect timing as the dealer was bringing my L4060 home from the 50 hour service and adding the third function hydraulics.

I'm sorry to say it got dirty before I took pics.:D I plan on doing a thread in the near future with pics and impressions. Looks like I will enjoy it.

Great! I can't wait for pics and feedback!