Single remote with float for top link

/ Single remote with float for top link #11  
That valve you linked dont show it as being a float valve. It shows 4-way (which is what you want for a DA cylinder, 3-way would only have 1 cylinder port for a single acting cylinder), but it lists it being a 3 position valve. That would be neutral, one direction, other direction. You need a 4-position valve to give the 4th position float detent.

Looking at the prince PDF for the RD41 series valve http://www.baileyhydraulics.com/pdf/ValvesRD4100.pdf

The prince # you would need would be a RD412DDxxCx ....with the x's representing whatever option you want for those features.

Baileys website isnt the easiest to navigate. At quick glance I didnt see them list any 4th position float valves, but I always just call them and talk to them in person. For that RD41 series, they can get whatever you want. But they just list one valve in that series instead of all the possible combinations. But the keys are 4th position float and tandem center.

On an open center valve, there is true open center....which indeed will not hold a load as both cylinder ports open back to tank when in neutral. Key word you are looking for is tandem. It might say tandem center, or tandem spool or something. But tandem means work ports get isolated so it holds the load. And only the Pressure port is "open center" to either the tank or PB ports.

/ Single remote with float for top link
That valve you linked dont show it as being a float valve. It shows 4-way (which is what you want for a DA cylinder, 3-way would only have 1 cylinder port for a single acting cylinder), but it lists it being a 3 position valve. That would be neutral, one direction, other direction. You need a 4-position valve to give the 4th position float detent.

Looking at the prince PDF for the RD41 series valve http://www.baileyhydraulics.com/pdf/ValvesRD4100.pdf

The prince # you would need would be a RD412DDxxCx ....with the x's representing whatever option you want for those features.

Baileys website isnt the easiest to navigate. At quick glance I didnt see them list any 4th position float valves, but I always just call them and talk to them in person. For that RD41 series, they can get whatever you want. But they just list one valve in that series instead of all the possible combinations. But the keys are 4th position float and tandem center.

On an open center valve, there is true open center....which indeed will not hold a load as both cylinder ports open back to tank when in neutral. Key word you are looking for is tandem. It might say tandem center, or tandem spool or something. But tandem means work ports get isolated so it holds the load. And only the Pressure port is "open center" to either the tank or PB ports.
Yes like I said prince has that configurator on their website I can enter all that information and it spits out the part number I need. I'll go through and do that then call bailey's or search the web for that part number.

/ Single remote with float for top link #13  
How about this one? 1 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB11G5C1 DA FLOAT VALVE

1+SPOOL+8+GPM+PRINCE+MB11G5C1+DA+FLOAT+VALVE_L.jpg

Also consider a two spool valve for future options: 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21GB5C1 DA VALVE W/FLOAT

2+SPOOL+8+GPM+PRINCE+MB21GB5C1+DA+VALVE+W+FLOAT_L.jpg

/ Single remote with float for top link
   / Single remote with float for top link #15  
9.5 GPM is important for hydraulic motors. For a hydraulic top link, most guys insert a flow restrictor and use small diameter hoses, so it would work OK.

/ Single remote with float for top link #16  
9.5 GPM is important for hydraulic motors. For a hydraulic top link, most guys insert a flow restrictor and use small diameter hoses.

While this is true, the body of the valve needs to flow what the pump puts out or you are restricting the flow on a constant basis and that ends not so good for the pump. He really needs to consider a 10GPM valve at the minimum.

/ Single remote with float for top link #17  
Agreed.

Oil is flowing through that valve any time the tractor is running. It is what supplies the 3ph via PB.