Sis looking at a Montana

/ Sis looking at a Montana #11  
Wayne County Hose said:
Sister is looking at I believe a 43 horse with a cab, 4wd and FEL for under $18,000. Dealer has been dealing them about 18 months. It's a new dealership, didn't handle tractors previously. I thought the price was real good for that size tractor, am just not too sure on Montana as a whole.

Wow! Holy cow batman, guess I need to look into them.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #12  
That price seems to be too low. I bought mine going on three years ago. it was a previous year model and it was at the previous years prices before a price increase. I gave 23000 for a 4940 (49 Horse) with a FEL and a cab. I checked with a couple of other montana dealers andthey could not meet that price.

The thing that I am thinking about with their dealer is what happened to me. My dealer had never sold tractors before. he had a bunch of montanas on the lot (at least 30 or 40 of them)and when I started talking to him about service he told me he was building a new shop and had someone hired to run it and do servicing. I bought my tractor from him. He never built the shop and a couple of years later he had gotten rid of all his montana tractors. (not by sales i am sure) and now has gone back to selling used cars on his lot. One of the big new holland dealers also sold montana tractors they are about an hour from me over the mountain. The New Holland dealer has a huge lot with a huge service department and they are about a 20 minute drive from the Montana Headquarters in Springdale. I used to go to them for all my parts. Sometime this year they stopped quit carrying montanas and are not listed as a dealer any more. There is a new dealer in the nearest big town to me I have not been there yet. I would tell your sister to see how many dealers there are around her in case the local dealer quits. I really like my tractor and for the money I dont think it can be beat. I however am in a bit of a different boat in that if I cant find a dealer within a reasonable driving distance I can go to Montana Headquarters and raise cain.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #13  
DON'T BUY IT!!
STAY AWAY FROM MONTANA. I bought mine a year ago. It was a demo that sat in Kansas for three years. I had looked around East Texas for quite a while but the Bobcat dealer in McKinney dropped them in favour of Kioti. The dealer in Sulphur Springs dropped them and went back to the rental business, the dealer in Van got out of tractors all together.
Last year the gas tank sprung a leak (I've never heard of any other "new" tractor" doing that) and it took over three weeks to get a new tank out of Arkansas. This year the back window exploded and I was told it's not a warranty item. Then yesterday I was out shredding in the field and the seat collapsed because the two plastic mounts broke. The head liner was all warped from the heat when I got the tractor.
As to the seat breakage Montana won't warranty that either as "it's out of the warranty period".
Oh, and they said the guy in Sulphur Springs would be able to supply me a price on the rear window. I'm still waiting for him to call back with a price.

I went all the way up to the CEO's executive assistance to get the gas tank finally. I also called her on the other items but got the same response.

DON'T BUY A MONTANA ....... THE SUPPORT AND PARTS RESPONSE SUCK.
Get a New Holland, John Deere or Kabota. I now wished that I had.
:mad:

/ Sis looking at a Montana #14  
I am really sorry for your problems with your tractor but every comapy has some bad eggs once in a while. I can assure that Deere has more than you can imagine. Montana tractors are a good quality tractor and are getting even better everyday. Their dealers and service has improved dramatically. Yes there will still be issues but you are human and not perfect either I suspect.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #15  
Believe me Montana can't be worse than Massey Ferguson in the customer service dept. Stay calm, find you a good dealer and he will try to help you get your problems lined out. I have talked to several Monatana dealers and they all swear that Montana is the easiest company that they have ever worked with.

/ Sis looking at a Montana
rcowan said:
Hey Andy what did your sister and her husband decide?

They decided that they are going to see Rick Wallace before they buy anything. I think Rick was right, the price is for a bare tractor, cab and fel were extra.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #17  
I would recommend it only if you have a dealer nearby that you can depend on. My three closest dealers went out of business so I don't have one nearby to go to. Kind of a drag when I need parts or service.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #18  
Got to meet your sister and we had a little chat...:D

/ Sis looking at a Montana
wallace said:

Yep, we went over that. Don't worry Rick, when the time comes, you'll get the sale.

/ Sis looking at a Montana #20  
Where are all the green tractors??? :confused:

All I saw were red and orange. :rolleyes:
wallace said: