site problems????

/ site problems???? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I keep getting the same posts marked as "not read" as I would call the yellow band across a post title whenever I come back to TBN. I have even clicked "mark all threads read" and then clicked the confirmation icon. When I come back to the site a few hours later, a bunch of them are yellow again and there has been no new postings. Is it my computer, my settings, or the site? I have cleared out my cookies to try to eliminate this problem, but nothing seems to work. This is a relatively new problem having started about a week ago. I haven't made any changes to my computer to cause this that I know of.. I had temporarily raised my security to high, but it is now back at Medium.... Help needed in CT..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ site problems???? #2  
Well, I don't know what the problem is, but I have noticed the same thing happening to me about the same time ago.

/ site problems???? #3  
Usually this is just an issue of your browser loading a page from its cache (temporary files). The only thing we recommend to correct it is refreshing a page if it seems to be displaying the incorrect markings.

/ site problems????
I thought this also, so I cleared all temp files and cookies. The problem remained. Last night I marked all posts read, and it is fine now. I will be checking later to see if the problem reoccur-es.. thanks for the speedy reply.... Junkman

/ site problems???? #5  
The same thing has been happening to me....again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I posted this thread Never Ending Loops? awhile back. I never really found out what the problem was, but it eventually went away.

Then last week it started doing it again. I didn't post anything about it because I just figured it would go away again. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ site problems???? #6  
This happens to me all the time at work /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. But not at home /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ site problems???? #7  
Have you tried logging out, then clearing all your cookies and everything in your cache, then logging back in? That cleared everything up for me. Hope this helps.

/ site problems???? #8  
I certainly can't speak for Junkman, but it doesn't help for me. I clean out the cache and the cookies every time I leave the site, so that I always have to log back in when I come back. Doesn't make any difference.

Another part of this problem that I've noticed is that when you go back to a particular thread, it takes you back to the first post. Before this problem developed, when you'd come back to look at a new reply, you went directly to the new reply. That saved you having to scroll down through the whole thread to get to the new reply. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Note: O.K. Something different has to have happened. Just for kicks, I again logged out, cleaned out the cookies and cache, and logged back in. Now everything seems to be back to normal! I'm not complaining! It's just weird, because I had done that 2 other times this morning and it hadn't made any difference. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ site problems???? #9  
Do you log out, then wipe out your cookies

or

do you just wipe out your cookies so that you have to log in next time?

/ site problems???? #10  
I would close out the site without logging out, and then clean out the cookies and cache.

I guess it makes a difference, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif