Price Check Sitrex SM-180 8yo "new" New England pricing

/ Sitrex SM-180 8yo "new" New England pricing #1  

tomd999

Platinum Member
Tractor
'10 3320 cab
Hiya,

Private seller is asking USD $1200 firm on an 8yo but never used SM-180 side discharge RFM. I looked at the mower, it's been in a damp semi underground part of his barn. Still has the PTO shaft tied to the frame wrapped in cardboard. I offered $950 because I suspect that the belts, possibly gearbox seals and fluids all need to be replaced from sitting so long. He is firm on 1200.

OK, so,

Am I unrealistic in my assessment of damage from sitting so long?
Am I in the correct ballpark for North East price with my offer?
Is an 8yo Sitrex worth 1200 or should I just run down to TSC and grab a KK?

Thanks,
Tom

/ Sitrex SM-180 8yo "new" New England pricing #2  
that is high for a side discharge mower even if it has never been used cause the minute it left the dealers lot the price starts to drop i just sold a 1 year old 60" frontier rd mower for 750 it had only been used 2 or 3 times to mower 2 acers at my shop so 950 for a 8 year old mower is really high just cause it has never been used doesn't mean it does not have a lot of problems the spindles for the blade could be rusted up and that can begin to cost i would only wont to pay about 500 at the most

/ Sitrex SM-180 8yo "new" New England pricing #3  
Hiya,

Private seller is asking USD $1200 firm on an 8yo but never used SM-180 side discharge RFM. I looked at the mower, it's been in a damp semi underground part of his barn. Still has the PTO shaft tied to the frame wrapped in cardboard. I offered $950 because I suspect that the belts, possibly gearbox seals and fluids all need to be replaced from sitting so long. He is firm on 1200.

OK, so,

Am I unrealistic in my assessment of damage from sitting so long?
Am I in the correct ballpark for North East price with my offer?
Is an 8yo Sitrex worth 1200 or should I just run down to TSC and grab a KK?

Thanks,
Tom

Seems a tad high when you can buy our "First Choice" 6 ft rear discharge for $1395. Our mower is comparable in quality and has more features than Sitrex. Both Italian Made. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• firstchoicefinishmower6.jpg
    firstchoicefinishmower6.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 164