Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #11  
Wesdor said:
A mechanic I know with many years of experience tells me that the 3pt rakes tend to break teeth when you hit low spots in the field. He strongly recommends getting what I think is being referred to as a dolly mount.

CCI can you provide any knowledge about 3pt on uneven ground. I respect your knowledge and honesty a great deal.
The 3 point wheel rakes do work and have done so for 60+ years. They work best when raking in straight lines. What sells them is you can purchase a new one for $600 and rake hay.

New Holland does still make a roller bar rake that sells new for over $4,000. They will last many years. A good use NH 256 usually sells for $1,500-2,500.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #12  
That would be $1500 well spent!

I haven't met anyone other than dealers that sell them that like the single sided wheel rakes. V rakes are a different story altogether. I'm in the market for one of those puppies.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide
jwcinpk said:
Too bad you're so far away. I'd sell you a IH 46 baler and a 4 wheel rake at scrap prices!

Where are you located? PM me. Thanks

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #14  
jwcinpk said:
That would be $1500 well spent!

I haven't met anyone other than dealers that sell them that like the single sided wheel rakes. V rakes are a different story altogether. I'm in the market for one of those puppies.
In the use of any equipment to operator has the most effect on the end product. Every piece of equipment has a limitation. You will have problems in the long run if you over fill your baler and bale 5 1/2' tall bales if you baler is designed to bale 5' bales. You will have problems trying to rake in circles with a 3 point wheel rake. The tractor turns two feet to the left and the rake is fixed to the rear of the tractor and it goes 2' to the right. This does not happen as quick with a carted rake so you do have some more latitude to rake around corners with V-Rakes.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #15  
I bought a Kuhn SR110 Speedrake two years ago. Does an excellent job and makes quick work of raking.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 1,126
   / Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #16  
We bale around 10,000 - 12,000 square bales a year here in Newfoundland, Canada and we have a vicon four wheel rake and thats all we have used for the past 18 years, we have a john deere side delivery but we use the wheel rake much more often. In my opinion it is a great investment for general haying.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #17  
Question for those of you that V-rakes.....how wide is the windrow that is produced? We still square bale 90% of what we mow each year and need a pretty tight row for the square baler. Most of the specs that I see on V-rakes state they produce something close to 48" wide which seems really wide to me (great for a round baler, not so much for a square baler). We have always used New Holland rollar-bar rakes but are currently looking for replacements. Looking at both V's and rotarys.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #18  
garyfisher123 said:
Question for those of you that V-rakes.....how wide is the windrow that is produced? We still square bale 90% of what we mow each year and need a pretty tight row for the square baler. Most of the specs that I see on V-rakes state they produce something close to 48" wide which seems really wide to me (great for a round baler, not so much for a square baler). We have always used New Holland rollar-bar rakes but are currently looking for replacements. Looking at both V's and rotarys.
A 8 wheel rake will rake a 3' wide windrow. We still put up around 5000 square bales with a New Holland 316 and have no problem with 3' windrow.

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #19  
Hay Rake Details2

H&S builds a really good wheel rake. The 14 wheel Hi Capacity is very easily adjustable for how much hay you gather for a windrow as well as how wide or tight you want your windro.w

/ Sitrex wheel rake-trying to decide #20  
around me you can find the single sided wheel rakes for the price of scrap because nobody uses them. The best feature of a v-wheel rake is that it rakes hay faster than the old fashioned rake.