Size of fuel tank for 65 mk2

/ Size of fuel tank for 65 mk2 #1  

rabet

Tractor
ferguson
Hi all,
Well the title says it all.
Whem I bought the tractor the engine (perkins AD4.203) was not running (several bits missing) and the fuel tank was just laying on the top of the engine.
Now I find that the fuel tank, I think, is off a 135, IT is certainly not off a 65, I have seen picture of one on the internet.
So I am stuck, as cannot buy a new one so I will have to make one.
So can any one please provide me with the dimentions, so I can make one.
One question I do have, does the fuel tank sit on rubber mountings, or is it bolted straight on?????

Here's hoping someone can help me.

Just to give you an overall picture, I have spent the last 10 months, completle stripping the tractor and a full rebuild, that includes 2 engines.
but I am stuffed for a tank.

many thanks
Rabet

/ Size of fuel tank for 65 mk2 #2  
Hi all,
Well the title says it all.
Whem I bought the tractor the engine (perkins AD4.203) was not running (several bits missing) and the fuel tank was just laying on the top of the engine.
Now I find that the fuel tank, I think, is off a 135, IT is certainly not off a 65, I have seen picture of one on the internet.
So I am stuck, as cannot buy a new one so I will have to make one.
So can any one please provide me with the dimentions, so I can make one.
One question I do have, does the fuel tank sit on rubber mountings, or is it bolted straight on?????

Here's hoping someone can help me.

Just to give you an overall picture, I have spent the last 10 months, completle stripping the tractor and a full rebuild, that includes 2 engines.
but I am stuffed for a tank.

many thanks
Rabet

Hello, it would be good if you upload a photo to have a clearer idea, in my mf135 the tank is placed in the back on the wall of the battery drawer with 2 screws and a piece of rubber between the tank and the support and at the front, the thermostat is fastened to the water pipe with 2 spring-mounted screws.
I think that if the tank you have is not your 65 and if a 135 you modify it to be able to use it and not have to make a new one.