Snowblower Skid Material for Snowblower

/ Skid Material for Snowblower #1  

stewed

Tractor
Kubota L3710
I recently bought a snowblower which I use to clear my driveway and parts of our cul-de-sac. I've adjusted the top link of the 3pt hitch so that I get the best scraping on my driveway with is cement pad. It makes a heck of a scraping sound and has scratched the heck out of the driveway.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can put on the bottom of the SB so that I can get good contact with the driveway but not scratch it. It would also have to be quite a solid material due to all of the scraping activity. I've pondered looking at high density plastics but wanted to make sure i'm not reinventing the wheel.

/ Skid Material for Snowblower #2  
Yeah, I hate that sound when I used to use a shovel too. Now I just go ahead and enjoy it. :D The louder the better.

/ Skid Material for Snowblower #3  
I don't subscribe to trying to "clean" pavement with a snowblower. I leave a thin layer of snow. Now with a blade, I scrape clean. Well, as clean as conditions allow.

/ Skid Material for Snowblower #4  
I would put on shoes to raise the blower a bit. It will still scrape and grind on the shoes but will not wear out the blowers cutting edge. I myself would only raise it above the shoes about an eigth to quarter inch.

/ Skid Material for Snowblower #5  
Does anyone have any ideas for what I can put on the bottom of the SB so that I can get good contact with the driveway but not scratch it.

I'd use 1/4" flat stock curved up at the leading and trailing edge. If you put the skids in the right location, you can use the top link to adjust the attack angle of the blade and get it as close as you want to the driveway without actually touching it. The machines I've seen that on were rear pull rather than push, but the idea is the same. Mount the skid behind the blade far enough so it acts like a fulcrum that the blade rotates around as you adjust the toplink.