skid steer high flow

/ skid steer high flow #11  
Part of the reason that the smaller machines don't come hi-flow is just that...they are small...they don't have the space for the larger hydraulics or the engine power to pump them...

Hmmmm, my JCB 165 HF has about fifty horses and weighs about fifty four hundred pounds. Low flow is around 15 gpm and high flow is about twice that. The big downside of the high flow is it is a separate pump and it only runs one direction. So you can't reverse the direction like I would like when using the high flow to power my auger.

When the auger gets stuck I have to disconnect from the high flow circuit and hook up to the low flow one to back the auger out.

/ skid steer high flow
I like the idea of a JCB the only problem is the closest dealer is about 1hour away. They do have a JCB 1110 track loader for $22000ish.

Harv i know you like your unit, but what do you think of the one arm? Obviously getting in and out would be 100% easier.

tks
Shane

/ skid steer high flow #13  
The big downside of the high flow is it is a separate pump and it only runs one direction. So you can't reverse the direction like I would like when using the high flow to power my auger.

Interesting. Does your high flow pump rate vary only with engine speed, or
is there some sort of flow rate control valve in the circuit. A flow control
valve would let you vary the flow, but at the cost of eliminating
reversibility, I would think.

/ skid steer high flow #14  
When the auger gets stuck I have to disconnect from the high flow circuit and hook up to the low flow one to back the auger out.
I would think an optional wired valve control on the auger, or in the machine could reverse the flow at will.

There are times when attachments are in reverse order like snow plows and switching flow is much easier than flipping the couplers in the field.

/ skid steer high flow #15  
I put a hi flow kit on my Nh ls160. Is only 42 net hp and as such would not make a good machine for applications that require hi flow and hi demand use of the wheels becuase of the lower hp. However it does work great for stump grinding and log splitting.
I picked the kit up off ebay for $400 and he install took about 3 days in the shop not hitting it too hard.
Ken

/ skid steer high flow #16  
I like the idea of a JCB the only problem is the closest dealer is about 1hour away. They do have a JCB 1110 track loader for $22000ish.

Harv i know you like your unit, but what do you think of the one arm? Obviously getting in and out would be 100% easier.

tks
Shane

Keep in mind JCB invented the Load all concept. They've been building single boom loaders forever. You can go to Machinery Trader and see them there handle ten thousand pounds and shoot up forty feet.

I really wanted an 1110 bad because it's the biggest JCB makes. But for doing what I would want to do with it I think I would want the big Takeuchi instead even though it doesn't have the door. That's because the couple of times I've used the Takeuchi I've found they just dig better than anything else. One guy explained to me the reason the Takeuchi is better is because the tracks aren't as wide and it gets down to get traction.

My JCB salesman has one client with two 1110's that does only ponds. He claims there's nothing better. You can't take as big as bite as you can with a bigger crawler loader, but you can a lot more little bites faster than they can.