Skid steer mower opinions

/ Skid steer mower opinions #11  
Steve,

Please forgive my ignorance, when I read your post I mistakenly thought you were going to use a skid steer for the mowing. It wasn't until I posted my message I realized you were attaching to the toolcat. I am not familiar with them but it looks/sounds like a great piece of equipment.

I see by your profile your in N.E.PA. I am originally from that area; "coal cracker" country. Actually Lackawanna County. Still have family there. Good luck with your projects.

/ Skid steer mower opinions #12  
How much is the 72 inch mower? I called a local Bobcat dealer, he said he was in a meeting and would call right back, and never did. I figured if this is how I am going to be treated, I'll get a rough quote here, then if I haven't died from sticker shock, I'll go elsewhere to purchase one.

Thanks,

Mark

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for your input...I am demo'ing the 72" Bobcat Mower later today and I have some tall grass waiting to test it! I'll let you know which wins out. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

/ Skid steer mower opinions #13  
Sticker shock; Last week I talked to my dealer about a Harley power box rake for my 320 skid lodaer!!! The cost to me is nearly 7K for a 6 footer!!! I really could make use of it in my business, but $7000.00, I think something happened in my heart!!!

/ Skid steer mower opinions #14  
MarkLB,

The Bobcat 72" Mower lists for $3949. It is 3-spindle with blades that overlap yet has a nice compact length. That's a low price compared to the new Bobcat 79" Flail Cutter at $10360 list! Note there is a 90" Mower as well, plus the Brushcat Rotary Cutter in 60" & 90" versions. The various mowers/cutters work best on the AWS Toolcat I'm considering or on other all-wheel steer loaders like the A300.

/ Skid steer mower opinions #15  
Jeez, 10k for a flail mower... are all flail mowers like that, or is the Bobcat name that bumps this price up?

/ Skid steer mower opinions #16  
[ <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>

Flails with similar specs go for at least $8000 at the cheapest outlets, without the Bobcat name.

The Bobcat flail cutter cuts, mulches and evenly distributes grass, brush and woody material exceeding 3". It appears to be similar to the Italian/European <font color="blue"> </font> Seppi skid mowers.

There are less heavy-duty hydraulic flail cutters (if you're cutting reg. grass), and those are half the price above.

/ Skid steer mower opinions #17  
Well, I have decided not to get a mower at this time, but I do appreciate the information.

For those of you looking for a rock rake, there is one at ironplanet.com (I hope it's ok to post links)

Item number 129678

Don't know if it's a good one or not. I got a Caterpillar rake a few months back for 2,900, works like new, so this item here might be worth looking into.

/ Skid steer mower opinions #18  
I'm considering the Ammbusher skid steer rotary mower. Anybody have any experience with that brand?

Also, they offer it without any front wheel or rollers OR with a Front Wheel Assembly option, to help with cutting on uneven ground. Any experience using front hydralic mowers with and/or without wheels/rollers?

/ Skid steer mower opinions
Sorry for not answering replies or questions...was on Vacation!

Brian,
I am not familiar with the Ambusher but I am demoing the 60" Brush cat this weekend (Isn't Highway Equip. and Supply, Drums, Pennsylvania AWESOME! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif!). The demo does not have the front wheel option but one is available. For the 5 minutes that I used the Brushcat today, I gouged in a few times. My dealer said I need to finesse the front end up without tripping the interlock. We'll see how it goes, but I would imagine the front wheels would be helpful. Let me know how it goes with the Ambusher, I'll do the same with the Brushcat!
Steve
As far as websites go I have found Loftiness equipment http://www.loftness.com/ , Pro Supply Galvanized Rotary Cutters http://www.onlineattachments.com/ to be very helpful and as industrial strength as Bobcat without the price, IMO of course.

/ Skid steer mower opinions #20  
Steve (odleefs),
I've already demoed an Ammbusher without the front wheel assembly option. I think Brushcat is available with front rollers.

The 60" Brushcat is 250 pounds heavier (1350 lbs. v. 1100) and has bigger covers and more safety controls, particularly ones that prevent cutting when mower is raised off ground.

Ammbusher comes with lift chain limit but still provides cutting even when rear of mower is up to 3 ft off the ground, so you can attack brush from the top, sides and all angles. Many users prefer the flexibility of the Ammbusher, but you have to be careful -- the attachment itself won't automatically stop you from stretching safe limits too far.

Steve and others, be sure to check out the active thread I started comparing <font color="red"> Toolcat and Power Trac (</font>and related info about both) in the <font color="red"> Buying/Pricing/Comparison </font> forum.