Loader Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #51  
Indeed it is. Simple cylinder in the middle and it's good to go.
Thats all I have on my SSQA.
A simple single cylinder in the middle and it works just fine.

Global may be stronger for bigger heavier equipment, but for my 35 HP tractor and the skid loaders at work I get by just fine with SSQA

Last edited:
   / Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #52  
Thats all I have on my SSQA.
A simple single cylinder in the middle and it works just fine.

Global may be stronger for bigger heavier equipment, but for my 35 HP tractor and the skid loaders at work I get by just fine with SSQA
Yes, but along with that, on the global, the pins just shoot straight outward into holes. On SSQA, there are wedges that are more prone to misalignment. After running both for decades, I’ve found global is stronger and simpler.
SSQA is fine, too.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #53  
Just look how many threads about bent SSQA frames there is on this forum alone, let alone all the others. Most of them caused by on side of the attachment popping out because.

The Euro quick attach provides a positive lock. Pin slides into the holes on the attachment with long and strong hooks on top. It just won't come out.

I'm sure SSQA is fine but I wouldn't trust it a single bit.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #54  
Just look how many threads about bent SSQA frames there is on this forum alone, let alone all the others. Most of them caused by on side of the attachment popping out because.

The Euro quick attach provides a positive lock. Pin slides into the holes on the attachment with long and strong hooks on top. It just won't come out.

Won’t come out once engaged. What if they don’t?
The locking wedges are a decent design, the operator needs to make sure the pins are locked. Unfortunately quite a few don’t. In my experience, the bent frames are from operator inattention. For whatever reason, the attachment was loose and the wrong forces were applied to make things bend. 1/4” (6.3 mm) isn’t hard to bend either.

BTW, hydraulic connection qd’s don’t pop off when the attachment falls off either.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #55  
Won’t come out once engaged. What if they don’t?
The locking wedges are a decent design, the operator needs to make sure the pins are locked. Unfortunately quite a few don’t. In my experience, the bent frames are from operator inattention. For whatever reason, the attachment was loose and the wrong forces were applied to make things bend. 1/4” (6.3 mm) isn’t hard to bend either.

BTW, hydraulic connection qd’s don’t pop off when the attachment falls off either.
If the pins are not engaged, the top hooks on the attachment will just pivot on the top bar of the quick attach, even if you try to full dump. You need to set the attachment on the ground so you can take it off the loader. That's why it's so safe even if it's not latched.

And yes, I've read loads of threads over the years about SSQA failure. A lot of them happened even with the wedges properly latched.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #56  

They’re trustworthy, but not as trustworthy as global. That’s why bigger equipm,ent runs a global design.

The reason you see SSQA failures here a lot is because 99% of owners here have SSQA.

I would advise anyone buying a new loader to get it with global and buy an SSQA adapter.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #57  
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but when I bought my latest tractor I saw that the Global was the way to go. I like and trust the design. Fast forward a year or so and I bought a PHD that was SSQA so I picked up a Bell Precision adapter plate. Now I'm not limited to either hook up. Personally, I really don't like the SSQA but some things can't be helped.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #58  
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

No, you aren’t. Anyone who removes their loader to bush hog, well…… :ROFLMAO:
Jus KIDDIN!!!!
I might still be needin ya to look at a used truck down your way, so I gotta stay in good with you. ;)

but when I bought my latest tractor I saw that the Global was the way to go. I like and trust the design. Fast forward a year or so and I bought a PHD that was SSQA so I picked up a Bell Precision adapter plate. Now I'm not limited to either hook up. Personally, I really don't like the SSQA but some things can't be helped.

That’s what I have done. Best of both worlds. Instead of arguing which is better, just have both and be done with it. But my primary go-to would be global for strength and solid, worry free attachment.

It’s what the big boys use! ;)

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #59  
No, you aren’t. Anyone who removes their loader to bush hog, well…… :ROFLMAO:
Jus KIDDIN!!!!
I might still be needin ya to look at a used truck down your way, so I gotta stay in good with you. ;)
HaHa!! I feel the same about anyone that leaves theirs on all the time. :ROFLMAO:
I just can't stand all that mass out in front of me all the time. I guess most of the reason is I came from a time when we didn't own loaders for our tractors.

Just let me know when you find something. It takes a lot more than that to piss me off.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #60  
HaHa!! I feel the same about anyone that leaves theirs on all the time. :ROFLMAO:
I just can't stand all that mass out in front of me all the time. I guess most of the reason is I came from a time when we didn't own loaders for our tractors.

Just let me know when you find something. It takes a lot more than that to piss me off.

Don’t tempt me.
Next thing you know, you’ll be crawlin under trucks in NC for me…. :ROFLMAO: