Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #1  

AGreenOne

Tractor
Terramite t5
I have a Terramite T5 TLB that I want to connect to SSQD. I have the plate from Titan. The Terramite has one 1 cylinder for the bucket tilt and I want to convert to a more conventional 2 cylinder tilt setup. I know the conventional way is to cut/grind off the mounts from the current loader bucket and weld them to the adapter plate. The design of the bucket and plates on the Terrmite make this a royal pita. I am looking at needing 12 plates in total to do this, and with the tools I have available this is just too much time I don't have. Plates would be ideally 3/8 thick with 1 inch holes and bushings welded to each. I know I could have a local fab shop do it but I also am frightened of the price. Does anyone make pre fabbed plates bored with bushings welded on? I know that a universal plate would not probably work on anything but making a jig and cutting to necessary size and shape is something I could do. I am trying to balance money and time.

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #2  
For low quantity bracket needs and such I made this many years ago and it has certainly been worth the investment in time.

Figure out what shape you need.

01885880-BCB3-4803-9F3A-5C75CDF87035.jpeg

Make a template out of something, wood in this case.

0CC5446E-988D-4EAA-B431-5D5FAED4D03E.jpeg

Fire up the torch and cut it out.

B5AB3A94-529C-4FA0-9F4D-61A435672E87.jpeg

Very little clean up needed, no grinding, maybe a little sanding on the edges.

DC75B03A-6E2F-4696-A98F-5B13F3499F12.jpeg

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #3  
Bobcat SSQA yokes are center cylinder curl. Often found used. Bobcat dealer brought me one free to convert my first tractor to ssqa 30 years ago. Had to cut off the end bearing bosses and fit remarkably easy to the tractor loader frame.

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #4  
If im picturing correctly a terramite t5 has a round back ~48” bucket which is really not ideal for converting to SSQA because 1: round back makes it a lot more annoying, and 2: the SSQA plate is nearly the whole width of the bucket and might actually be greater in height, meaning to keep your bucket hitting the ground before your ssqa plate/pins do you need the offset the ssqa plate so far up the bucket that it will also block your view over the top a bit. Now they dont need to be solid all the way across and many arent so you can absolutely cut out the top center of the plate for visibility, or do what many attachments do and treat the ssqa as two separate ‘boxes’ with no continuous flat ‘plate’ area across the middle.

I would honestly focus on the tractor side of things and leave the bucket completely out of it until the tractor side is done. My .02

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #5  
I've got a T5. What SSQD attachments do you intend to use with yours?

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts
I have a later model that has a more angular bucket vs the round style on earlier units. I really want to take the bucket off and rig up the ssqd and use the forks. Solving loader bucket issue is very secondary. I do a lot of mulch and am casually looking for a larger capacity loader bucket. Biggest reason for ssqd is for forks, then a ginpole.

/ Skid Steer QD Adapter Parts #7  
Have you considered switching to the mini skid quick attach format? One downside is i havent seen buckets larger than 60” for that format but a 60” litter bucket is still pretty massive compared to what youve got, plus you can always weld a mini skid adapter plate onto any bucket you find anyway.

I mostly bring this up because there may be complications with the ssqa format because if your loader arms are narrowly spaced compared to larger machines they may want to be right where the lock pin mechanisms are or swing through, requiring extra depth and complexity of your bracketry. The mini skid adapter would only require a fairly simple crossbar between the loader pins and allow you to keep the single curl cylinder a little easier than SSQA. Just a thought.