Front-End Loader Skid steer quick attach adapter

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #21  
Hey, that's only 1200 miles round trip for me, or $300 of that $4 a gallon gas, that'd still be cheaper than what I've been quoted so far!:)
I've driven 1100 miles in one stretch a couple of times in the last year, might be worth a road trip!
You could have it shipped. Check with Messicks too.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter
Piston, I wasn't figuring on changing out all that often, but I can buy SSQA attachments anywhere from $200 to $500 CHEAPER than those with brackets, and that doesn't even take into account me either finding or fabricating brackets for the other attachments, and taking the time and effort to measure, re-measure, double-check and re-double check, then weld on brackets, (then, with my luck, cut them back off and re-re-measure and weld them back on again), but you get the idea. I'm looking for convenience to some extent, (although my second tractor doesn't have a loader), but I think from what I've read here that it's more practical and cost-efficient to put the SSQA on the tractor.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #23  
Well once you chose one you will be happy you have it on your tractor. I put a Koyker ssqa since I have a Koyker loader and bought their pallet forks and a ssqa plate for my bucket and cut the old brackets off and welded it on. Its the best thing Ive done yet to my tractor spent about 1800.

Fact I am putting my firewood for heating my shop on pallets and plastic shrink wrapping it and will bring in 1500# at a time this winter. Did that and all the junk I have laying around is now going on pallets no more handling things 20 times by hand before I figure out what to do with them.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #24  
Piston said:
How often do you change FEL attachments?.

On the utility tractor? About every day or every other day I switch attachments. On the duty specific ones, maybe once a week, less in the winter. I'm curious how often others switch.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #25  
On the utility tractor? About every day or every other day I switch attachments. On the duty specific ones, maybe once a week, less in the winter. I'm curious how often others switch.

two or three times a day is not uncommon.. sometimes I even switch buckets, I usually use the stock Kioti bucket 66 inches for spreading mulch and dirt, or gravel, and often use the smaller Kubota bucket for digging and general abuse as it is better because it is smaller. Plus I don't care about using it up and wearing it out as much. The forks are a blessing for moving brush, and anything you can put on a pallet.

James K0UA

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #26  
JoeBuyer said:

Wow, that's a lot more than I was thinking. For that amount I do agree it would be worth having the SS style QA! I barely ever use my bucket and only use the forks once in a blue moon. After getting my grapple I find it can do almost everything I use the tractor for. I went over a year without having the bucket on!

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #27  
I put one of these units from hayspear.com on an LA403 loader that was on a B3030 cabbed model that I just got rid of.
Simple installation and it worked just fine with one exception. The handles would not stay in the up position when moving from one attachment to the other. They would always flop back down, requiring me to leave the tractor to flip them back up so that I could pull into the next attachment. I removed the handle bolts, slid them through a spring and washer to keep tension on them and reinstalled. Problem solved.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #28  
Don't understand why people opt for the ssqa method when changing over ( unless they already have a source of implements using that system). A few people use both my tractor with JD hook and pins and my bil's tractor with ssqa system. They all feel that the JD system is easier to use.
I know I can build forks, etc to fit with just a torch drill press and welder as long as I have a few pieces of rolled steel rods for the pins and some 1/4" plate for the hooks. I even have two pins ready made for the next attachment I decide to build.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #29  
Maybe because it is universal, outside of the JDs....? The entire world of attachments is SSQA. That is why...

You can buy SSQA plates for cheap, so it is easy to start making things that fit, if you want/need to.

/ Skid steer quick attach adapter #30  
We decided on SSQA based mostly on the availability of attachments in that configuration.