skidhoe

/ skidhoe
15x24 bucket teeth are cut out of 1 inch mildsteel and hardsurfaced bucket is 1/4 plate as are all the wear plates IMG_2194.jpg

/ skidhoe #12  
VERY NICE!!!! Can you prettty please get a upclose picture of the pivot point?? I am really, really curious how you got your done!! Did you use the chain roller or what? I have a backhoe in my backyard but I am seriously consider building my own portable backhoe and then sell this one because I bought large land in Maine and I don't want to have to invest my money into dually truck and trailer suitable for 10,000lbs backhoe. The road toll would kill me! :eek:

Also, I am intriqued how you managed to get one motor to run two hydraulic pump. Did you use chaindrive to two pumps?

Thank in advance for answering!

/ skidhoe
hi i direct drive one pump i made my own pump bracket so i could have a40 chain hooked to a sprocket behind the lovejoy and that drives my big 60gpm pump( scavenged from a semie) its reduced 3 to 1 so i can only get about 18 or 20 gpm but i seem to get a lot more torqe i have 2000 series hyd motors 6700 inch lbs at 3000psi im only running them at 2000 then reduced 6 to 1 the motor never changes sound even spinning around on pavement but its only 2 mph thats enough to move around in the yard or bush and at 3500lbs you can use a carhaller to move it i will get a pic monday and post it for you

/ skidhoe #14  
hi i direct drive one pump i made my own pump bracket so i could have a40 chain hooked to a sprocket behind the lovejoy and that drives my big 60gpm pump( scavenged from a semie) its reduced 3 to 1 so i can only get about 18 or 20 gpm but i seem to get a lot more torqe i have 2000 series hyd motors 6700 inch lbs at 3000psi im only running them at 2000 then reduced 6 to 1 the motor never changes sound even spinning around on pavement but its only 2 mph thats enough to move around in the yard or bush and at 3500lbs you can use a carhaller to move it i will get a pic monday and post it for you

60GPM pump?? :eek: ****, did you purchase it new or used? Or just happen to have it laying around and decided to put it to use?? :D

I have a 16HP vertical B&S engine that was sitting in my "abandoned" riding mower. I switched to MF 240 three years ago and it end up sitting in the shop not moved for three years. I decided I was going to build a sawmill and realized that my budget is really limited. So after thinking about some things for a while, I realized I am better off first building a towable backhoe that can dig 10-15 feet deep (I still have stumps to be removed on my 55 acres down here) and then sell my Ford 4400 backhoe to get the money for sawmill project. I have plenty of steel laying around but unfortunately they won't be suitable for sawmill project however it is suitable for a small pullable backhoe trailer. I happen to have odd box steel where it is 10" in diameter (square) on one end and run down to 4" on other end, and it is 12' long. I know it would make good supporting brace from the pivot point and then I can use 4"x4"x3/16" (or 5/16") for other brace with bucket on it. Right now I am just thinking and my design isn't final.

I see a new 2-stage hydraulic pump at Northern Tools for $360 and it is 28GPM. I will check with bailey.net and surplus website to compare price but ****, your is 60GPM!! hehe

/ skidhoe
i dont think you want a 2 stage pump those are mostly for log splitters but maybe you could make a high and low range with one. you need a double pump thats what i was going to buy but the fun was in devising my own system from parts i already had .

/ skidhoe
hi i used 1045 shaft 1.5 inches and 2 pillow blocks and ran the shaft through the frame wall inside 2 inch dom with 2 angle braces and welded on hubs to make a drive axleIMG_2265.jpg the grease helps keep out water i was going to cut an inside grove to put in an o ring but got in a hurry and hadto much welding done when i remembered oh well the next models always better lol

/ skidhoe
this is the stabalizer 2x3x.250 the gussets are cut with a milwalki metal cut saw best buy ever makes plate cut like plywoodIMG_2212.jpg

/ skidhoe
hi everyone havent been on for a while just thought id put on a pic of the tracks i made for my homemade skidhoe

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 482