Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death

/ Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death #11  
Mine almost got me a few years ago. I had some service work done on it and I was using it after I got it back. I stood up inside the cab and turned to get something beside the seat. My foot hit the pedal to raise the boom and it shot up. I almost s### myself right there. I then saw the wire from under the seat was unhooked but I was still wondering why the boom went up. If that wire is unhooked the boom will not raise. I traced the wire down and saw the problem. The service guy unhooked the wire and ran a jumper wire for some reason. I took the jumper wire and paid the dealer a visit. The service manager got the guy that worked on it up front and I laid the wire on the desk I thought the owners wife was going to pass out. I was informed a day later the guy no longer worked there.

/ Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death #13  
tragedy
Titanic sinks - Apr 15, 1912 - HISTORY.com

Add up all the skid steer incidents if you wish. 88 died in Baghdad just today.

The Titanic sinking in the long run saved lives as safety regulations for all shops were improved afterwards .
As for Baghdad. The mistake was made years ago. The solution would have been after an assault on a westerner. To round up every relative of the terrorist , "get rid of them " as an example and carpet bomb and burn the village of town into sand.
"They" soon get the idea about having to be accountable for "their"actions.
Saves a lot of lives and expense in the long term.

/ Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death #14  
2001 story.
Things must be pretty safe today,for someone to feel the need to resurrect such an old ugly story. I imagine 100's of thousands have died since then of various reasons.

/ Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death #15  
2001 story.
Things must be pretty safe today,for someone to feel the need to resurrect such an old ugly story. I imagine 100's of thousands have died since then of various reasons.

Google skid steer deaths and injuries and you'll find hundreds each year still occur, despite safety advances.

/ Skidsteer modification leads to farmers death #16  
I think that it is good to always read about these incidents. I have NO doubts that skid steers are being used today with missing BASIC safety equipment.
Thanks for sharing it OP.