skidsteer or compact tractor

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #1  

chinawall

Silver Member
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of using a skidsteer to till, blow snow, and bushhog instead of a compact tractor such as a Kubota 7800?

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #2  
I can't think of any pros; cons would be soil compaction, tearing up the sod/ground cover with the skid steering, and expensive implements.

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #3  
Biggest advantage for SS would be visibility. All attachments are in front of operator. Higher flow rate for hydraulics - if needed. Can turn in tighter area and more maneuverable.

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #4  
Come to think of it, my brother has a form of HD brush cutter on his Bobcat he uses to clear in the woods. He says it's a beast, really does the job.

/ skidsteer or compact tractor
WHAT DOES BOBCAT 170 COST..BALLPARK?

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #7  
you would be looking north of $22K depending on options you could get over 30k on the new side

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #8  
Chinawall,depending on your application you could get into a 30 to 40hp. tractor with all the attachments you want for less than a new bobcat s175.I have always found a tractor more comfortable to use and the attachments are far less in price.You can always find deals on used 3pt. attachments.I sell bobcat and kioti tractors.Just my 2 cents.

/ skidsteer or compact tractor
my Kubota b7800 won't go near a thornbush without losing the calcium in the tires. That why I thought about a skidsteer

/ skidsteer or compact tractor #10  
It's a great deal if you can afford both but if you can only choose one, I'd have a tractor. If for no other reason than every time we use a skidsteer around here when we're done I have to put the blade on the back of the tractor and straighten out the area the skidsteer tore up...