Sleeve hitch for 2554?

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #1  

JSharp

Gold Member
Tractor
IH 404, Cub GT 2554
Does anyone have any photos of the 190-827 electric sleeve hitch for the 2554? I've seen the photos of the inexpensive hitch people have gotten from eBay and it looks OK. I'm just curious as to how much different the CC factory hitch isis. The factory hitch is *a lot* more $$.

Thanks in advance!

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554?
Does anyone have any photos of the 190-827 electric sleeve hitch for the 2554? I've seen the photos of the inexpensive hitch people have gotten from eBay and it looks OK. I'm just curious as to how much different the CC factory hitch isis. The factory hitch is *a lot* more $$.

Thanks in advance!

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #3  
The CC hitch appears to be much beefier. I have an exploded view of it at home. I'll see if I can get it scanned in the next day or so.

If you don't have any fabrication abilities at your disposal, I would say it's probably worth the extra $600 over the eBay hitch. However, if you know a machinist/welder, you could do what Rocko did and make your own attachment point for the eBay hitch. His came out real nice. He posted pictures of it within the past month or so, but I can't seem to find them.

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #4  
The CC hitch appears to be much beefier. I have an exploded view of it at home. I'll see if I can get it scanned in the next day or so.

If you don't have any fabrication abilities at your disposal, I would say it's probably worth the extra $600 over the eBay hitch. However, if you know a machinist/welder, you could do what Rocko did and make your own attachment point for the eBay hitch. His came out real nice. He posted pictures of it within the past month or so, but I can't seem to find them.

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #5  
Are we sure its that much better? Now that the "ebay" hitch moved to the center for support it seems ok. The thing with Cub is they jack the cost of their accessories to be lifetime achievement purchases. I mean, their snowthrowers are made with what, 18 gauge steel at the most? lol.

Anyway, I'd like to try that ebay hitch, but understand its a few months to receive at times.

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #6  
Are we sure its that much better? Now that the "ebay" hitch moved to the center for support it seems ok. The thing with Cub is they jack the cost of their accessories to be lifetime achievement purchases. I mean, their snowthrowers are made with what, 18 gauge steel at the most? lol.

Anyway, I'd like to try that ebay hitch, but understand its a few months to receive at times.

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #7  
I just added some pics of it to my gallery in the TBN photo gallery /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #8  
I just added some pics of it to my gallery in the TBN photo gallery /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #9  
Here you go. It is both beefy and heavy. This one came with the tiller, so I do not have the sleeve hitch part (the part that pivots up and down), I do have one fabbed up though. The bracketry, and all else is the same.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5

<font color="blue"> EDIT - changed inline pix to links </font>

/ Sleeve hitch for 2554? #10  
Here you go. It is both beefy and heavy. This one came with the tiller, so I do not have the sleeve hitch part (the part that pivots up and down), I do have one fabbed up though. The bracketry, and all else is the same.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5

<font color="blue"> EDIT - changed inline pix to links </font>