Front-End Loader slide on bucket pallet forks any good?

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #11  
If you have the SSQA I vote for the SS pallet forks hands down. Had the bucket forks thought they were nice ( better than nothing) then got a SSQA loader and switch to a set of forks and will never go back, no comparison in the two.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #12  
If you have the SSQA I vote for the SS pallet forks hands down. Had the bucket forks thought they were nice ( better than nothing) then got a SSQA loader and switch to a set of forks and will never go back, no comparison in the two.

No question about it.:thumbsup:

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #13  
Loader Forks Bucket Forks Skid Tractor Pallet Fork - eBay (item 230398205516 end time Apr-04-11 17:33:06 PDT)

These worked better than I expected. Would not sell them for what I have in them if I could not get a new set for less. :B

kOua makes a good point about vision. Ours has standard loops and I have found with 3' 2x4's I can judge the angle of the forks OK but a spotter is helpful with pallets and seldom to I work without the kids around. My FEL bucket is NOT removable for quick hitch.

I have a set like was linked above that was made locally. I have lifted as much as I could a couple of times and did no damage. The chain spreads the fore over the whole bucket. My only complaints are that they are hard to see once installed and they do work loose over time so you have to check them from time to time.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #14  
looking at getting some pallet forks to slide on and off the bottom lip of my fel so i can move my disc and other implements when need be.I have a skid steer attach bucket would a skid steer attach pallet fork be better?

Most certainly the skidsteer attach would be better, but the slide on's would be better than nothing. To what degree "any good" and "be better" would be for you, only you can determine, or find that out. :) It is your call if you want to risk needing more than the slide on's will provide.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #15  
kOua, if you are serious about those bucket forks, I can be there today to pick them up. I live over near West Plains Mo.

I sent you a PM..

James K0UA

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #16  
Based on Gales rec, I just ordered a set. I too don't have a QA for my bucket.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #17  
Based on Gales rec, I just ordered a set. I too don't have a QA for my bucket.

What have I gone and done now. :D

I actually talked to them by phone and they were nice. There was some lag time on an email but I did get a reply.

This spring I may get to work on the other end of the BH and get a THUMB from them. I just need to pull some measurements so they can build the attaching part to best mate with my boom. I think it was the 32" thumb that we decided that I needed for my 24" bucket on the JD 310. I am going to try and bolt it on if possible. If the bolt on method does not stand the pressure I will just take it to a shop and get it weld in the most ideal position I find when bolting it on to best mate the bucket.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #18  
Gale Hawkins said:
What have I gone and done now. :D.

You forced me to buy the forks! Lol jk i've been looking at options and was considering buying the QA plate for my loader. As of now the only thing I'm switching between is my bucket and the plow for winter. I have an 80 series JD loader and it has 4 one inch pins holding it on. What I did this winter when attaching my plow to speed things up was replace them with hitch pins from TSC. Now I simply pull them out and attach the bucket or plow. No more snap rings to deal with. I have found several instances where I could have used some forks. These should work out great and the price is hard to beat. I'll post up my findings.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #19  
Forks arrived today. As Gale mentioned, they are round tubing and they clearly state on the instruction sheet this is due to the strength of round vs. square. I picked up two chain binders at home depot for $60 and they installed in less than two minutes. I put them right to work and loaded my box scraper into my truck. They worked flawlessly and from the looks of them should last a long time. At this price I'd say they are great deal. I was also impressed with their commitment to stand behind their product. I believe they also carry a 10 yr warranty. All in all I'd say these are a great option for the part time fork user.

/ slide on bucket pallet forks any good? #20  
Ordered the Construction Attachments Lightweight QA pallet forks, they should be here friday. Had a nice meeting with nue2farm, and we traded, and then "shot the cows husband" for about an hour. I will let you know how the new QA pallet forks work out.

James K0UA