Slip and Slide

/ Slip and Slide #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
F9DC53EF-988E-4476-AFE4-F4DDCFF07C88.jpeg

Finished up Vacation Bible School tonight. Every year the county fire department comes on the final night to wet down our home made slip and slide. Fire works followed and the kids had a blast.

/ Slip and Slide #2  

/ Slip and Slide #3  
I'll just bet that's in rural America. :thumbsup:

/ Slip and Slide #4  
I still have an original "slip n slide" for the the grandkids. They love it.
Thinking they're not sold anymore and probably deemed dangerous... :confused3:

/ Slip and Slide #6  
   / Slip and Slide #7  
So is taking a shower, but nobody stops doing that.

Funny you say that, recently I have been having a bout of sciatica, I told my chiropractor that I have been soaking in a hot tub after icing my back side.....
He stated he would prefer me to just shower, he sees to many bath injuries
:confused2:

/ Slip and Slide #8  
One of my best childhood memories was a super long slip and slide at a park that we went to after dinner. That was fun!!! Every Friday night we went out to eat, and then we would go to one of the parks in town to play. We didn't know about the slip and slide until we go there and if I remember correctly, we did it in our underwear just like most of the other kids there. I think I was probably 6 or 7 years old.

/ Slip and Slide #9  
One of my best childhood memories was a super long slip and slide at a park that we went to after dinner. That was fun!!! Every Friday night we went out to eat, and then we would go to one of the parks in town to play. We didn't know about the slip and slide until we go there and if I remember correctly, we did it in our underwear just like most of the other kids there. I think I was probably 6 or 7 years old.

Always wondered about where the term " skid mark" came from.. :laughing:

/ Slip and Slide #10  
View attachment 613704

Finished up Vacation Bible School tonight. Every year the county fire department comes on the final night to wet down our home made slip and slide. Fire works followed and the kids had a blast.

God Bless our Firefighters!!!! :thumbsup:

My two girls (circa 1975) saved up their money and sent off for a Slip and Slide, and it ripped the first day. I wrote them a tear jerking letter, and they sent them a new one. My Son-in-Law and my grandsons improvised one on July 4th, that worked quite well. As for Vacation Bible School, well,...