sloped lot pole barn or garage?

/ sloped lot pole barn or garage? #1  

kmd

Tractor
toro
I have a small narrow lot, I want to build a 24 * 40 garage or pole barn on my property. I can only go 24' wide because my lot is 130' by 350' and I do not want the building to block my house when you come into the property. The building needs to be in front of the house (the house is near the end of the property).

The space does not need to be conditioned, just need dry storage for all my toys/crap. I like the idea of the pole barn because they seem pretty cost effective to build. The problem I have is on the 24' length of the pole barn my property slopes about 4 to 5 feet. Its pretty flat in the 40' direction.

I was just wondering if by the time I built a retaining wall, then the pole barn if it would cost the same just to build a traditional garage with a poured concrete foundation?

Just trying to get ideas.
Thanks

/ sloped lot pole barn or garage? #2  
Can you post some pics??

Its hard to get an Idea of the lay-out.

I built my 30 x 50 pole barn on an area that sloped about 5' in the 50 foot direction. I started in the middle and took dirt from the uphill side and filled the downhill side. No need for a retaining wall. Just tapered the slope enough to be able to mow it.

Is something like this possible?? Leveling the area without a retaining wall?

/ sloped lot pole barn or garage? #3  
When I built my 40' long pole barn, I had about 5' - 6' slope in the 40' length. I had a guy bring in concrete millings to build it up. After compacting them, we had the pole barn guys drill a bunch of holes throughout the floor area. We then poured piers all around with rebar sticking out the top. The concrete guy tied the rebar from the piers into the wire mesh for the floor. Very solid floor with only very minimal cracks after 10 years despite 5' - 6' of fill.