Slopes and tractor tilt

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #11  
Would it help to fill your bucket with dirt and keep it down low? Seems so..

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #12  
Here is another question that might leave some of you veterans scratching your heads at a newbie, however...here goes.

What is the max tilt or slope that you feel comfortable with? Granted, I know the standard "if you feel nervous then it's too much" kind of answer, but do tractor manufacturers engineer to a certain slope rating. Just curious.

I know what you're thinking. "Did he say sixteen degrees or only fifteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a CUT, with a relatively high center of gravity compared to anything else you're likely to drive, and will sink down clear over the axles in this mud, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #13  
What is the max tilt or slope that you feel comfortable with?

About 15 degrees. My tractor is probably good for an easy 40 degrees, just not with me on it.

JayC

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #14  
I know what you're thinking. "Did he say sixteen degrees or only fifteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a CUT, with a relatively high center of gravity compared to anything else you're likely to drive, and will sink down clear over the axles in this mud, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Nice.

JayC

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #15  

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #16  
I would not fill my bucket with dirt going across a slope. The dirt will tend to slide to the down hill side. Filling the FEL will help going up a hill. I will stick to my math on slope. 90 angle is 100 percent slope to convert an angle to slope divide by 90. There are online angle to slope calculators you can google.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #17  
I would not fill my bucket with dirt going across a slope. The dirt will tend to slide to the down hill side. Filling the FEL will help going up a hill. I will stick to my math on slope. 90 angle is 100 percent slope to convert an angle to slope divide by 90. There are online angle to slope calculators you can google.

I was not able to find anything using your example of how to figure slope.

Grade (slope) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It looks like a 45 degree slope is a 100% grade, because it's rise and run are equal. See File:Grades degrees.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not even sure if 90 degrees would be a slope since there is no run to it.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #18  
Probably the HARDEST thing is to steer DOWN the slope if/when things get really hairy.
However counter intuitive this may seem at the time, steering UP the slope is more likely to roll you.

Amen Brother, that has saved my bacon a couple of times. That and keeping the bucket almost on the ground.

James K0UA

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #19  
I am starting with angle degree and converting it to percent slope 30 degree to 33 percent slope. If you convert a 30 degree slope it is a 57.7% grade.

/ Slopes and tractor tilt #20  
I use the most accurate side-hill angle calculator known to man. The degree of "pucker" is directly translatable into "not too steep", "steep enough..", and "I don't think I'll go there".

In other news, I've always related 45 degrees to 100% slope. Not actual rise over run, but road grading, which is quite different.

Chilly