Slots on toothbar Brackets

/ Slots on toothbar Brackets #11  
I looked at my bar yesterday. Looks like it will allow the bar to be flipped up. My bucket is already drilled for the holes to rear of bucket. So it's hard to tell exactly. Jerry's pictures show the install very well.

/ Slots on toothbar Brackets
Hi Milkman
I thought about getting a Markham toothbar and doing what you did if it was possible and the price is right if a person only wants 6 teeth on a 60" bar. All the other manufacturers have 7 teeth. Markham will put on additional teeth for $24.00 each. For me the price would be only $11.00 less than A W.R. Long which already has the slots and 7 teeth. Wow listen to me I'm writing like I'm a toothbar expert. I've never owned or used a toothbar so I really don't know if having 6 or 7 teeth is an issue.
John

/ Slots on toothbar Brackets
Thanks for looking Ron
For the price and the possibility of using it as I described if I decided to, the W.R. Long toothbar seems to be the way to go. I didn't mention quality because I haven't read anything bad about any toothbars.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifCan you tell me how the teeth are held on to the shanks. I 've heard the phrases pinned which I assume means a roll pin through the shank and tooth, but how is a tooth crimped to a shank ?
John

/ Slots on toothbar Brackets #14  
A tooth is driven unto shank until roll pin hole lines up. Attached is a closeup of a tooth bar tooth.

/ Slots on toothbar Brackets #15  
The cutting edge sticks out a bit farther than the bucket edge, maybe by 3/8" or so. It measures about 11/16-3/4" total, measuring both..