Slow Leaks in 2 tires

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #11  
I solved my leaky and sometimes flat tires with putting tubes in all of them. I would never ever put any kind of stop leak crap inside my tires, no way Jose. There is such thing as a perfect seal on a tire and rim without a tube in it.

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #12  
I wouldn't expect rust on wheel bead of a tractor this late model but it's worth checking.
I'd take rear wheel off,lay it on level surface and run soapy water around stem and beads to see if that's where air is leaking. If so I'd haul it to a shop to have them take tire off wheel and wait til I could take wheel home for sanding and painting bead area. Ask them to put sealant on bead while remonting. If bead isn't leaking,tire shop can find what/where is and fix it. If they can plug it,so be it. Otherwise shop can guide you on tube or no tube.

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #13  
That rear tire can be really heavy. Get some bubbly soap (maybe even bubble bath soap) and wipe that on with your hand around the valve stem, side of tire, and tread of tire.
If leak on tread - plug the leak
If leak on sidewall - putty some Flexseal onto the hole, trying to force Flexseal into the cavity.
Not much air pressure in rear tires - 21 psi in mine. Low pressure and low speed perfect environment for plugs in tires - unlike cars driven at highway speed, which should be patched.

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #14  
Front right and rear left tires have a slow leak. front will leak down to essentially flat in a couple days, rear leaks down to 5 psi in a week or so. More of a hassle really. I have just been bringing my Rigid cordless tire inflator each time I need you use the tractor, but that is getting old it's time to fix them. The front seems easy enough, take it off and bring it to the tire shop. But how should I go about getting the rear fixed? That one is not going to be as easy to get to the shop. What would y'all do in this situation?
I used to get flats from Locust tree thorns with my old tractor, began using Slime. That solved it. When I bought my new tractor, I wanted to use liquid ballast, but didn't want to worry about flats. After a bit of research I wound up using Liquitube; regular in the fronts and the ballast version in the rear filled tires. Hope it lives up to the video.

Last edited:
   / Slow Leaks in 2 tires #15  
Why would anyone who never dealt with a tractor flat tell others how it's done?

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #16  
Why would anyone who never dealt with a tractor flat tell others how it's done?
Really? Who did that?

1628660341049.png

Last edited:
   / Slow Leaks in 2 tires #18  
I had some big ones on a fert spreader. They were always low and so big they were anoying to fill. I put a gallon of slime in each one and havnt added air in 20+ years. You can work on rears on the unit but for me its so easy to take them off and I can wash/paint if I want.
bead breakers.JPG

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #19  
Those that can - do.

Those that can’t - teach.

MoKelly
After dealing with several tractor flats due to Honey Locust thorns in the first couple years I owned my first tractor, I took action to prevent further problems. Haven't had another flat in 25 years. So yeah, I guess I don't have much current experience in dealing with tractor flats. So I'll shut up and let those that still get flats give their advise on best way to fix flats.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

/ Slow Leaks in 2 tires #20  
I usually take them off outside for work and use crane on truck vs indoor especially if they are loaded. I just replaced a front on another tractor and not loaded and do not put tubes.
My neighbor has a fit and insists on tubes in everything and always have flats, the cost of the tubes on little ones, damaging them, would be cheaper to simply replace.

Attachments

• 20210807_172140.jpg
    20210807_172140.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42