Small bridge ideas?

/ Small bridge ideas? #21  
Some (prepper) guy an hour south of here buried a complex of school buses. back in the 80s. I sometimes wonder what shape they must be in. What an effort and waste for a war that never came. Poor guy!:confused3:

/ Small bridge ideas? #22  
Our snowmobile club uses utility poles for our bridges. Four poles will span over 20' with only being a little bouncy. Definitely not to engineering spec, but a recent bridge held my 7000lb skid steer. We use two layers of 2x12's for the deck. If you want railings you will need to fly out a member to brace the post back to. We'll put two layers of 2x12's under the end of the poles to help keep them from sinking into the dirt. A single 2x12 over the end of the pole helps keep the dirt from settling around the pole and rotting it out.

/ Small bridge ideas? #23  
This might not be "Classy" (Actually, I'm sure that it's not but bear with me.) but I've taken culvert pipe, stacked cement bags around the ends, framed the ends with pressure treated lumber, add rails and backfilled the middle with dirt. I've 3 built of them and drive everything I have over them. The hang up would be if you have a lot of water flow.

/ Small bridge ideas? #25  
I was in charge of a road building around our lake some years ago.
At the discharge side of the lake we needed to build a "bridge' so to speak.
I opted to use 36" culvert as the span.(at that time mere few $'s more than eg, 24")
re.Well my call was a good one as we never never had a problem even under the worst snow melt events over 40 years!
Very satisfying as my 'gut' engineering sure has paid off.
LOL, I'm not an 'eng, just a practical guy. (aka bigger is better)

/ Small bridge ideas? #26  
   / Small bridge ideas? #27  
I like that. I am dragging my feet to get a span across with 24' I Beams. A little skittish about it though.

I used th FEL to hold up the end as we pulled it across with a Jeep winch. It's heavy enough that I can't lift the whole bridge.

I bolted the planks down. Might have been easier to have planked it after it was in place.

/ Small bridge ideas? #28  
I built one a couple years ago. I think it's 22ft long. We drive our offroad buggies under it. I've crossed it with my Ford tractor and my Super Duty which weighs 7K. Haven't had the Kubota on it yet but have faith it would handle it. One end is on stacked slabs of sidewalk concrete. Other end is sitting on a limestone ledge slab that I dragged in place.

Used I beam stringers and treated bridge boards for decking. All material I had onhand. Great addition to our playground.

View attachment 604976

View attachment 604977

View attachment 604978

View attachment 604979

View attachment 604980

The bridge is very nice......but the 3910 is beautiful!

/ Small bridge ideas? #29  
PILOON: I am a former engineer (Civil), and generally do agree with your culvert... bigger is better... philosophy.
After 40 years though, that steel culvert is almost certainly dangerously rusted.
It likely should be replaced.
The new poly style culverts are vastly superior.

/ Small bridge ideas?
Don't think we've saw the OP's area yet. Or maybe I missed something.... That happens.....

Sorry I didn稚 post pics! I値l grab some next time I知 out there...and thanks again to everyone for the great ideas!

TXCOMT